Chapter 1 - Franks POV.

"You'll never be fucking normal, because no one is fucking normal." - Frank Iero

A phone call from Mikey was the first thing I got when I woke up. He needed me to come over and just cheer him up. Ever since Mark died, Gerard hasn't left his room and Mikey is feeling really bad. It's been 2 months, and Gerard left his room once. As soon as he did, he went back in. As if he forgot he was greiving. Mikey spends most of his days in the basement with Gerard. It seems like Gerard doesn't mind the company, but doesn't really like it either. He probably hasn't realised Mikey is even there. 

I walk over to Mikeys as soon as I got dressed. I rang the doorbell and Donna answered the door.

"Hi Frank, Mikey's downstairs with Gerard go downstairs, it'll be fine."

I nodded and headed down the large stairs towards the door.

I knocked quietly before heading in. Both Mikey and Gerard looked up from the movie they were watching , which I recognized as the original Halloween, as I walked in.

"Hi Frank." Gerard said with a croaky voice, as he had obviously been crying.

"Hi Gee." I replied.

Mikey patted the bed beside him for me to sit down. I did as was told and I took a glance of the room. The room was covered in gruesome artwork and Black Flag and Misfit posters. The room smelt pretty bad, but seen as though this had been Gerards habitat for the last 2 months I wasn't surprised. Clothes covered the majority of the floor and desktops. I settled into the movie pretty quickly and I recieved a text from Mikey (even though he was sitting beside me)

Talk to Gerard about his art or something. He's getting better but I think yo could get him out of his dumps. 

I placed the phone back into my pocket and just started back at the tv for a while. I didn't want Gerard getting suspicious. His hair was black and covering most of his face. He had a small stubble covering his chin as he clearly hadn't shaved in a while. He smelt like death too. Though both way brothers smelt bad, it must be a family thing. His eyes were perfection and I'll admit he was perfection. It's a shame what happened with Mark, but these things happen. 

"I like this piece of artwork above your bed. How did you create those ideas?" I ask Gerard calmly, trying not to trigger anything.

"I... Liked the detail in the pumpkins facial expressions. I thought as it was halloween this week, i'd draw it."

"It's perfect, something like that is something I'd like a tatoo of. Since my birthday is Halloween as well it would make an excellent theme."

"It's your birthday on Halloween?" 

I could feel Mikey rolling his eyes in the background, I'm guessing he's told Gerard countless times but been too upset to think about it.

"Yeah! I was thinking of having a Jack O'Lantern as a tatoo anyway. You've given me some inspiration. Thank You, Gerard." I smiled at him. Trying to make the conversation seem as friendly as possible.

"No problem."

"Do you have any other artwork similar to this?" I asked.

Gerard rose from his laying posistion on the bed and clambered over towards the filthy desk, grabbing his large sketchbook from underneath everything. He sempt unsure whether to show me some of the drawings, but he seemed to have shrugged that off. He sat down on the bed with his legs crossed and the book in his lap. He started slowly flicking through the pages, and my gaze couldn't move from the pages of detailed drawing. Everytime he flicked a page over I ran my fingers over the art and looked at his face and studied his facial expressions to see whether he like the page or not. There was a few pages that had been ripped out or scibbled upon. Gerards work was truely brilliant, I couldn't see any flaw in any off his drawings. I got to the end of his sketchbook satisfied with what I had seen.

"That was brilliant Gee, you have pure talent." I told Gee still staring at the final page. 

"Thank you, I draw as much as I can. It makes me happy."

"Good. Do anything that makes you happy. I especially liked the vampires you draw."

Gerard just smiled and headed to the desk to put the sketches away. I could tell in an instant that was one of the first times Gerard had smiled since the incident. It felt a privalige and I was glad to help on that journey to happiness. The way he continued smiling after that made me think about how much I must have made his day. Just by complimenting his works. Words can change someones emotion so quickly, it's unbelievable.