Chapter 2 - Gerard's POV

"The world is less violent when people are using hula-hoops.” - Mikey Way

I know it sounds stupid but that little motherfucker Mikey calls a friend made me smile for the first time in ages. I never thought I'd smile again, but he really knew how to cheer me up, even if Mikey put him up to it.

Frank left a couple hours later, and Mikey had to go out on a date with some chick called Alicia. It's kinda lonley down here on my own. I only have so much to do in my room and I'm not in the mood for half of those things. It's been a while so I might as well head upstairs for a while, I know my parents probably think i rotted down there.

I needed coffee seen as though the only time I get it is when Mikey is kind enough to bring down a cup. I've been craving coffee all day, and even a bit of human interaction with my parents. It's sound stupid coming from Gerard Way but it was true. I'd had enough of staying in my own pisshole I needed to get out and live life. 

I opened my bedroom door and it creaked slowly, letting alot of light that blinded me and the smell of cooking lasange. I loved my mothers lasange, it was like a heavens dish. She cooked it a lot more frequently as if to lure me out of my home, but Mikey always gave me a cold portion, so it wasn't the same as being at the table. After my eyes had adjusted to the light I gradually climbed up from my slumber, like a vampire that had been awoken after 500 years. My mothers eyes widened when she saw me in the living room. She ran over to me and hugged me tightly that I think a few of my ribs had cracked. Her blue eyes stared at me and her face was wide with a huge smile. She kissed my forehead before asking me a question.

"Where have you been Gerard?" She says laughing, he smile still imprinted on her face. 

I smile shortly back, "Sleeping with the dead." I replied smugly before shrugging it off and sitting down on the sofa. I placed my head on the arm, feeling the leather upon my face as if it was a material I'd never felt. I certainly missed this room, it was the centre of the family, the room that connected the entire house. It was my area that I loved to be in, to greet Mikey when he walks through the door with Frank. To talk to my mother while she cooks the dinner. To make light chat with my dad as he reads the morning newspaper. I missed the old times, I never realised how much I was in the dark until now. 

Mikey came home well after dinner was finnished. My parents made small talk with me, but I was glad they didn't ask me too many questions. I think they realised that would have over whelmed me. When Mikey was home, he gave me a cuddle and we settled down to watch re runs of classic cartoons. We were both snuggled up under a blanket eating crisps and drinking beer. Mikey had to go back to school in the morning, but that didn't stop the little fucker drinking as much as he can. He just pushed his glasses up and drank fuck loads of vodka. Maybe not as much as me but that's okay, I finished college last year. I have nothing to do now. Mikey had been held back a year because he "forgot" to turn up to over half of his test. Mikey was glad as fuck though, because that meant that he could keep Frank company throughout his senoir year. Frank and Mikey had been best friends for over 5 years now, they had met each other in middle school, and when Frank arrived in High School, he had a friend and were inseperable ever since. Mikey and Frank were as close as me and Mikey was. Very close. Like brother, only difference between me and Frank is, I'm actually related to Mikey, unfortunatly. We sat there drunk for well over 2 hours in almost complete silence until Mikey decides to speak up.

"I think you should give Frank that drawing of the pumpkin so he can get it tatooed." Mikey said randomly.

"Sure, if he want's it. Like a birthday present?" 

"Yeah, that's a great idea. I'm sure Frank would love that, he seemed pretty happy about it."

" Okay sure thing.  I'll give it to him around his birthday."

"He's coming round for his birthday, seen as it's his 18th and his parents are out of town, Mum and Dad are making him dinner and then we're off clubbing."

I just smiled, glad that Mikey was doing something nice for Franks birthday. It sounded really nice. 

"You should come with." Mikey continued.

I shook my head and looked down at my feet. I wasn't ready to go out just yet.

"Okay then, I understand. I just thought it'd be nice."

I shook my head again and Mikey dropped the chat and continued watching the cartoons.