Chapter 3

After I had calmed Phil down, I went straight to bed knowing that I would have to get up extra early to make sure the place looked decent before Tyler and Josh came over. I made a mental list as I fell asleep and I knew that I would have to clean the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, and my office in that order, then with any extra time I should probably clean my room even though I didn't think that they would want to go in there on their first visit over. I stuck in my earbuds and put on some soft music and before I knew it, I was lulled to sleep.

I woke up and I checked my phone immediately. Huh, it was 6:30... that's when I wanted to get up. I didn't have any nightmares. I smiled to myself and then rushed over to my dresser to grab an old t-shirt and some shorts that I wouldn't mind getting dirty while cleaning. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun and splashed some water on my face before going downstairs and checking on Phil in his cage. He was still asleep so I decided to do what I could before he woke up and needed breakfast.

I picked up all the blankets and folded them up neatly before placing them in the hall closet near my living room, next I picked up all the hoodies I tended to leave all over the place and threw them into my laundry room hoping I would run some loads of laundry in between cleaning rooms. I got out some polisher and then started to dust down the selves of my entertainment center and the end tables near the couches, I decided to leave running the vacuum till the end since I didn't want to wake Phil so I headed to the laundry room and threw all my hoodies into the washer along with some soap and pressed start.

I made my way into the kitchen and stared at the sink full of the past week's dirty dishes. I sighed and got to work. I scrubbed each dish and set them on the counter to dry while I went to go get a mop. I mopped the entire tile floor of the kitchen and then went into the dining room where some of my music had made its way as well as my laptop, and several opened envelopes. I quickly sorted everything into piles and then I looked up at the clock, 12:55 it was already almost one and I sighed again. I heard some squeaking and huffed out another breath.

"Hey bud," I said as I let Phil crawl onto my shoulder and quickly made both of us breakfast which I ate as fast as I could and went back to cleaning, leaving Phil to eat by himself. I grabbed the vacuum from the hall closet and started to run it in the living room and dining room after that, I checked on the laundry, putting my hoodies in the dryer and then running up to my office. Music sheets were everywhere and the garbage can was overflowed with balled up pieces of paper. I took a deep breath and started to sort through the music.

I finished organizing the sheets of music and emptied the garbage can then smiled at my hard work as I admired from the doorway. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the doorbell ring though. I looked down at myself, covered in dust from dusting and water from doing the dishes and mopping. I couldn't just leave Tyler and Josh waiting so I ran downstairs.

"Hey guys, sorry I look like a mess right now, I just finished cleaning everything," I said as I pulled the door open a bit and Phil rushed to my side.

"You didn't have to clean for us Ruby, it's not like we're super famous or something," Tyler said as he and Josh stepped inside.

"So this is the famous Phil then?" Josh asked as he kneeled to the floor and started staring at Phil who just stared right back.

"Well yeah, he's been my best friend for a while now," I said, immediately regretting my words. Josh laughed and I mentally smacked myself for acting so stupid.

"Well you guys can make yourselves at home, I'm just going to change into not trash clothes. I'll only be a second sorry," I said as I showed them to the living room and quickly backed away and up the stairs towards my room. I quickly took off my cleaning clothes and pulled out some jean shorts and a Panic! At The Disco t-shirt. I checked myself in the mirror quickly and then brushed through my hair before running back downstairs into the living room to find Phil propped up on Josh's shoulder.

"Oh he really doesn't like when people pick him up... I should've said something," I said as I started walking over to Josh and reaching for Phil.

"Oh, he just climbed up here himself actually... but if you don't want him up here," Josh said.

"Oh, no it's fine if that's what he wants that it shall be," I replied as I smiled nervously. "So can I get either of you something to drink or snack on or something?" I said nervously as I wrung my hands together and stared at the boys.

"No, you've already done enough Ruby, please just sit down with us we can just talk," Tyler said as he and Josh patted the spot on the floor in between them. I walked over and sat next to the two boys and Phil scurried down off of Josh and curled up in my lap. I started to pet him gently and finally felt at ease.

"So Ruby how long have you lived in San Francisco?" Tyler asked, trying to strike up some type of conversation.

"Well I moved out of my parents' house as soon as I could so at age 18 I moved into the spare room of my grandmother's house who lived in Nevada just until I got enough money to get a place of my own and that took a few years so I guess about 5 years," I explained.

"Wow... that's so cool," Josh said. I smiled at him and he smiled back and then I felt my cheek warm up a bit.

"So what are you guys doing here? I'm assuming you're visiting because I've never seen you around," I asked.

"Actually we're gonna be here for a while, it's not anything permanent but Josh and I moved out here just this week because we needed a break while we were on tour and this has always been our favorite place to perform so we wanted to get to know that place a lot better," Tyler explained, he was obviously the talkative one of the duo.

"Well that sounds fun, I hope I get to see you guys around more," I said happily, finally seeing the chance to make some friends that actually live around me unlike the ones I've met on tumblr and Twitter that lives thousands of miles away. Tyler and Josh both smiled warmly at me and I felt butterflies in my stomach. But why? I couldn't tell who was giving them too me so I just brushed the thought aside and smiled back.

The boys and I talked for hours and before any of us knew it, it was 6:30 and we had all gotten to know each other a lot better. Then, after thanking me for the visit and introducing them to Phil, Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun walked out of my front door...

Hadn't I heard those names before somewhere else?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I know you all must hate me because I never update and I'm so sorry I am really trying to write when I can and trying not to make it garbage ;(