Chapter 4

TW: (sexual) abuse is described in this chapter

I went back inside to clean up the small mess of mugs that the boys had left and placed them in the sink, knowing that I wasn't going to wash them until later. I grabbed I blanket and I opened the door to Phil's cage, letting him know that he was allowed to come and go as he pleased. I pulled up Netflix on my TV and started to scroll through the new releases until I saw The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe was available. It had always been my favorite movie from my childhood so I decided to press play before I could even give a second thought.

the scene where all the kids pull away on the train from their mothers always made me cry but at least that was only in the beginning and I had plenty of time to recuperate. I was startled a bit when I felt Phil curl up on my arm and then I started to pet him to sooth myself. I stared at the screen intensely and watched until I opened my eyes and the movie was over and it was almost 11 PM. I picked up my phone and saw that I had two new follow requests on Twitter, from Josh and Tyler. I opened up my phone and pressed accept then followed both of them back. I let my eyelids rest over my eyes again until I felt my phone buzz.

Josh: Awfully late to be following people you've just met on Twitter no?

I chuckled to myself and started to type a response.

Ruby: Not if I literally just woke up after trying to watch my favorite childhood movie.

Josh: Really? What movie would that be?

Ruby: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe... it's so good.

Josh: Huh, it's been a while since I've seen that one... good memories though.

Ruby: Same here. You and Tyler can watch it next time you come over.

Josh: What if Tyler wasn't there though?

Ruby: Why wouldn't he?

Josh: Idk... just a thought...

Ruby: Would you prefer if Tyler wasn't here next time?

Josh: Idk he's a busy guy he probably won't be able to make it

Ruby: I haven't even suggested a date or time...

Josh: Oh yeah... he's still really busy though

Ruby: You're so right. So how about next weekend just you come over?

Josh: That sounds really great...

Ruby: So be it then... see you next Friday at 6 Joshua Dun

Josh: See you then Ruby ;)

I clicked my phone off and found myself smiling like an idiot. Did I just ask a guy I just met to come over for a movie date at my house? This was so unlike me. High school me would've started to hyperventilate at the thought of social interaction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my bed which I don't remember getting into last night but somehow these kind of things just happen. I was still in yesterday's clothes so at least I hadn't just forgotten an entire day all together.

I went downstairs and started to fix myself a cup of tea then let Phil out of his cage so he could scurry right at my heel. He seemed to really enjoy the extra company last night and I'm glad, it's been just him and I for as long as I can remember. I thought about last night after I woke up. Josh. He made me happy. I wasn't going to think about it too much because then I would just end up over analyzing all of it and making myself upset like I normally do with guys, or any human being that takes an interest in me. I smiled to myself. I went through my daily breakfast routine and then got back into bed, and shut my eyes for about ten seconds before I heard my phone make the little "ding" sound it does whenever I get a text.