Chapter 7

I sat down on the couch in between Elizabeth and Tyler but Josh wasn't in the room. I was still tired so I just laid there with my other friends until I heard footsteps in the kitchen. Seconds later, Josh walked through with a mug in his hand. I smiled as he walked closer and he smiled back.

"I know that hot chocolate is your favorite," he said as he walked in front of me and placed the mug in my hands. I took a sip and it tasted better than when I made it myself. I felt myself get warmer and I smiled more. I felt an arm wrap around me and when I looked over to wear the arm was coming from, Josh was sitting beside me in Tyler's place. Elizabeth was still on the other side of me and she nudged me a bit and I looked at her. Her face was all lit up and she nodded in Josh's direction.

I leaned my head onto Josh's shoulder and curled my legs up onto the couch. I felt his hand move up and down my back as I breathed slowly and sipped my hot chocolate. I finished the hot chocolate and Tyler volunteered to take the mug back into the kitchen and wash it for me. I insisted that he just set it in there and that I would take care of it later but I could already tell Tyler was the type to do things he didn't need to do.

Elizabeth had to leave to get to her shift at the coffee shop so it was just the boys and I but I was getting really tired. Tyler had put on a movie about 45 minutes earlier and I could barely keep my eyes open to finish watching it, so before I knew it, I was fast asleep in Josh's arms on my living room couch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and felt an arm around my waist so I looked down and saw a tattoo I'd admired from the second I had laid eyes on it. Josh Dun's arm tattoo. I looked around and noticed that we were still in my living room and that Tyler was asleep on the other couch in the room. I smiled and breathed in a deep breath so that I could process everything going on in my life. I was wrapped up in the arms of Josh Dun and Tyler Joseph was on the other side of my living room, peacefully sleeping. I smiled to myself and for the first time since I left the hospital I felt like nothing could hurt me.

I rolled over onto my other side so that I was facing towards Josh and I heard him take a deep breath in. He lifted his arm off my waist and stretched it into the air, yawning.

"Good morning..." he said as he yawned. I smiled and just cuddled closer to his chest.

"Morning Josh," I said back although it was muffled by his chest. I felt him laugh and it brought a smile to my face. I could hear the laughter in his chest and after he stopped, I felt his chest moving up and down with each breath and I felt at peace.

The sun started to peak through the windows and I realized that Phil needed his breakfast so I pulled my face back and saw Josh staring right into my eyes. I could still feel his hand on my waist and I stared right back into his eyes. The sun hit the small curls in his pink hair at just the right angle so that he looked like it was glowing. I took a deep breath in but it was staggered, I couldn't stop staring at him but he wouldn't stop staring either so I just did what had to be done.

I stared in his eyes for just a few moments more before I started to lean my face towards his and our foreheads touched. He let out a breathy laugh that was kinda awkward but so cute at the same time. He looked me in the eyes again and I let out the awkward laugh this time. I felt his grip around my waist loosen and he placed his hand on my cheek.

"Ruby-" Josh started.

I pressed my lips against his and felt his thumb brush against my cheek. He moved his hand to the middle of my back and pulled me in closer to him. I moved my hand to the side of his face and gradually made my way up to his hair and started to run my fingers through it.

He moved his hand back to my face and I moved my hand back to his face and then we both pulled away. I could feel the heat in my cheeks and I could see his were bright red as well. He brushed his thumb against my cheek again and smirked. All of a sudden I heard a groaning noise. Josh and I both diverted our attention over to the other side of the room where Tyler was stretching his hands into the air.

I turned back to Josh with horror in my expression but then he just quickly pecked me on the lips again and sat up. I followed suit and started to prepare breakfast for everyone.

I made my way into the kitchen where I just had to sit for a minute to take in everything that had just happened. I just kissed Josh Dun. Josh Dun just kissed me back. Tyler Joseph almost caught Josh Dun and I kissing. I grabbed three glasses from my cupboard then filled them with orange juice and placed them on the table for the boys and I. I quickly prepared Phil's normal breakfast while I could hear the boys whispering something in the other room.

I walked into the living room and placed Phil's food in his cage but left the gate open in case he wanted to come out after he finished eating. The boys were dead silent and trying to look anywhere in the room except at me.

"Hey, uh... I'm making eggs for breakfast, how do you guys want yours?" I asked to break the awkward silence.

"Scrambled," they said in unison and then I made my way back to the kitchen. The boys followed in a few minutes later, still acting funny. I couldn't help but wonder if Josh had already told Tyler what happened.

I placed the boys' plates on the table and started to make my own eggs which I preferred sunny side up. I heard them whispering again so I turned around and they went silent again. I looked back and forth between them and then returned to my cooking. I kept worrying and worrying until I finally sat down at the table with them and started to eat as well.

"So did anyone actually make it through the movie?" I asked, trying my best to remain calm and act normal.

"I couldn't really tell you honestly. If I did, the ending wasn't very good because I don't even remember it," Tyler said before shoving another bite of eggs in his mouth. I looked at Josh who wouldn't look me in the eyes and then got up abruptly and took my plate into the other room.

I sat down in front of Phil's cage and could see him eating on the inside but when he spotted me with a plate of eggs he came running out. I gave him a few bites at first but then I kept thinking about what happened and lost my appetite completely, so I just let him finish the plate. I saw something hit my carpeted floor and I looked around but no one else was in the room, then I felt my face and there were tears rolling down it. I quickly wiped them away and then went back into the kitchen to put my dirty dishes away.

I walked to the sink and then I felt myself getting worked up again so I just sniffled and wiped my eyes dry but before I could exit the room, I felt someone at my side. I didn't want to look to see if it was Tyler or Josh, so I just turned and pressed my face against their chest and started crying silently.

"Ruby what's wrong?" I heard Tyler ask, so I assumed it was him who was holding me.

"I don't wanna lose either of you..." I sobbed. I felt Josh's arm wrap around my shoulder and I tried to control myself.

"You won't  lose us Ruby. Not now, not ever."

A/N:

so yeah, I updated like I said I would, YAY!!! Hope you're enjoying the story, please vote and comment too! :)