Chapter 1: Disconnected

9 years ago, I had my first kiss with my big sister. Throughout my years, my big sister was always there for me; when I need her or not, if I asked her or not, or even if I want to be away from her or not. Everything she did to me, I thought it was normal and I'd always ended up listening to her.

When she finally bought herself a house to stay, she invited me to live with her. She insisted it so much, our own parents gave me away to my big sister.

My name is Rena and I'm a highschooler. It was lunch time and I was with my friend Ayumi in the classroom. "What's wrong Rena?" ask Ayumi standing next to me. I slouch on my desk looking at Sakuya talking to her friends. "I want to conjure her..." I said.

"Then do it." said Ayumi. I sigh, "You know that's impossible. Sakuya and I are childhood friends; my cool charms won't work on her. I tried so many times already." I said. "Then give up on her." said Ayumi. Ayumi is good with harsh words but I know she's an awkward girl. I'm glad Ayumi doesn't think anything much about my charm, in fact I doubt Ayumi have any interest in me.

I've made up my mind, "Ayumi I'm going to confess to her today."

".. Ok. I can't wait to see your face when she rejects you." said Ayumi with her small monotone laugh. What is she, a sadist?! And why does she always laugh like that?

I got up from my desk and confidently walk over to Sakuya and her friends. I smile and wave to her friends and they immediately fawn over me. "Hey. Hey. Rena is coming over to our side." "She's so cool and pretty."

Sakuya spoke before I could open my lips, "Hi Rena." There goes her sweet smile. I bent my body close to her, "Hey Sakuya, can I ask you something when we're alone together?"

"Sure Rena." said Sakuya in a cheerful tone. I smile again and went back to Ayumi.

"Sakuya, you're so lucky to have Rena as your childhood friend." "Really? I think Rena and I are both lucky to have each other." said Sakuya modestly.

"Oh my gosh I was so nervous! I never asked her directly before." I said squealing to Ayumi trying to be calm.

"Rena..." "Hm? What is it Ayumi?" I ask. "Let's get lunch now." said Ayumi. "Sure~!" I cling onto Ayumi's arm and happily skip on the ground although Ayumi smack me for doing that. Sakuya look behind her and smile.

After school came like a flash. Sakuya and I were the only one left in the classroom; Ayumi was waiting for me in the school library. "I... I really like you, Sakuya." It was only a brief moment before she answers, "I like you too Rena, but why the sudden confession?" "Huh? I really do like you, Sakuya. Th-This is my love confession!"

"Sorry Rena, but I have someone I like," she slightly blush the thought of that person, "We'll still be on good terms right?" "Y-yes... Of course Sakuya." I said.

I went to the library to get Ayumi. She saw me approach her, "How did it went?" I pull her shirt slightly towards me, "She rejected me just as you said." I tried to smile. "It can't be helped if she likes someone else already. I'm glad it wasn't you." said Ayumi. I wipe my watery eyes, "I wonder who she like. Should I ask?"

"You're just going to hurt yourself even more..." said Ayumi not holding herself back to the heartless words. Ayumi held my free hand, "Let's go," she drag me out of school. We parted half-way. When I got in my house, my big sister welcome me with a hug. "How was school today, Rena?" I sadly smile, "I asked my friend out and she rejected me." I bluntly told her what happened. She was hugging me tighter, "What a bad girl, Rena. You shouldn't go confessing to your friend like that." said big sister in a lewd way.

She puts her hands on my shoulders, "Let me make you feel better..." She slowly kiss me and I kiss her back. Even thought big sis is so kind to me, I can't stray away my feelings.

During the time big sis was kissing me, Ayumi went back to school. She held a small note stating to meet up in their classroom. Ayumi found Sakuya sitting on her desk. "Hi there, Ayumi." spoke Sakuya in a luring way.

"What do you want?" Ayumi was showing off the note she got in her locker. "I just want to say to Rena's best friend that... I don't like Rena at all..." said Sakuya smirking. Ayumi was shock because she never seen Sakuya act this way before. "By the way, I'm only nice to her because she's a childhood friend... You can say I'm wearing a mask for her." said Sakuya. She got out of Ayumi's desk and went closer to Ayumi.

Ayumi glare at Sakuya, "What do you want from me?" ask Ayumi in a serious tone. "I want you, Ayumi..." said Sakuya. Sakuya place one of her hands on Ayumi's beast, "Rena trusts you a lot and when you betray her, I wonder how she'll feel. The same way I rejected her or even worst? I wonder..." said Sakuya smiling unpleasantly.

"Whatever you're trying to do, it won't work." said Ayumi. Sakuya squeeze Ayumi's breast, "What if I blackmail you to be at my side?" Ayumi twitch. Sakuya whisper in Ayumi's ear then showed her a photo. Ayumi was astonished then Sakuya took the advantage to kiss her.