Chapter 4: Resolve

At school, my classmates were herding around me asking what happened to me and such. I told them I wasn't feeling well. I look over at Ayumi and wink. Ayumi showed me her smile, it was rare for her to smile.

Sakuya was apologizing her previous behavior to me. "It's fine. As long as Ayumi is ok with it. She's my friend after all." Sakuya looked angry, "Why the hell are you acting like that, Rena?!" She raised her voice. Everyone stared at her with a stun expression. "I.. I..." They're all looking at me with that expression again! Sakuya ran out of the classroom. I follow after her. Our teacher came, "It's time for class. Get to your seats, everyone."

We went up to the school's rooftop, "Sakuya..." No one was technically suppose to enter here without permission because the metal fences surrounding the rooftop area are short enough for someone to fall off the building.

"Why won't you suffer, Rena?!" shouted Sakuya. I never seen this side of her before, it was bothering me. "What do you mean, Sakuya?" Ayumi came up to the rooftop and listen to our conversation. "Why are you always nice to me?! I detest you, Rena!" I felt like crying when she said that to me. When did she felt that way about me?

She turn around and took something out from her pocket. A paper? "I'm going to ruin your life for good. Once this goes viral, you'll be too miserable to walk outside." stated Sakuya. 

I saw glimpses of it as the wind was blowing the photo. I felt disgusted and exposed, "Wh-whe-How?" I was trembling, that was supposed to be a secret between big sis and me; a very important secret. Sakuya was laughing hard, "I already knew the secret, Rena! You're disgusting... You and your sister are both disgusting! Normal sisters don't do those things to each other!"

Sakuya's scheme was being brought up to the light, "I know you had you're first kiss with your sister because I saw you guys kissed. No one would believe me. I want this truth to be brought up! So I pretended to be nice to you for my entire life and I used Ayumi to make you feel miserable. And then... we could start over from the beginning, Rena." She was evilly smiling.

Sakuya was slowly backing away, "I detest you, Rena. But I also adore you. You were special to me and I needed you. But you were taken from me."

What have I done to Sakuya to make her this crazy?! Her whole life was circling around me? That doesn't make sense. I was trying to reach out to her, "Be careful, Sakuya!" She was going closer to the metal fences. "S-Stay away from me!" shouted Sakuya. She look scared. "Rena!" shouted Ayumi. She was telling me to come back. I ran towards Sakuya to close the distance between us. The strong wind blew the photo out of her hand. "No!" She was reaching for the photo but it was out of her reach.

Sakuya was about to fall over. Ayumi ran towards us. I grab Sakuya's hand and Ayumi grab my hand and she pull us back. We fell on top of each other. Sakuya got on her knees, "Why? Why?!" Sakuya look at the ground and cry.

"I don't want you to get hurt, Sakuya." I said being concern. Ayumi moved a few inches away from us. She watch us as her heart throb violently. "You've suffered long enough now." I said sympathizing to her.

She look at me with tearful eyes, "Rena.." says Sakuya, "Yes, Sakuya?" "Wo-Would you be... Be my friend?" ask Sakuya weeping. My eyes widen from being ask a silly question then I soften my expression, "Of course..." After we made up, Ayumi reminded Sakuya about the photo. "Where's the photo, Sakuya?"

"It flew out of my hand... I'm sorry." I already forgotten why Sakuya was about to fall off the roof. The photo flew behind her which the photo is now down on the ground. Realizing that, my body naturally trembles.

Ayumi quickly reacted to my trembles and ran back inside the school. She went through all the quickest way to go down to the first floor. On the third floor, she saw the janitor approaching the photo. She snickered and ran down to the second floor.

She opened an occupied class that was still in session. She ignored them and speed walk towards the window. The students were watching her and the teacher was yelling her to stop. Ayumi open the window and jumped down, she landed on dirt safe and sound. She continued to run. I look down and I could see her run after the photo. She somehow got the photo before the janitor. Ayumi panted, "S-Sorry... I dropped this." She put the photo in her pocket. The janitor was bewildered.

"Ayumi... She's so cool.. She's awesome!" I commented. My blush cheeks was noticeable. I was so happy she got the photo. Sakuya look at me and realized something. "Rena, I lied that I like Ayumi. We weren't going out. I just blackmailed her. So, are you relieved?" ask Sakuya. "Sure I am, Sakuya!" I said smiling. Sakuya was satisfied with the answer.

Later, we met up with Ayumi on the first floor. Ayumi scolded Sakuya and threaten her to tell us where she put the rest if the photos, but it seems that Sakuya only had one copy of the photo the entire time. Ayumi got suspended for a week from jumping off the second floor.

At home, I told big sis what happened. I mostly told her how fast Ayumi got to the ground by jumping off from the second window. I kind of told her about the Sakuya incident; she seemed to know a little bit about it. I was ready for her kiss for the night but she didn't do it. She smiled at me and told me it was time to sleep. She flick my forehead and convinced me to go to bed.

Big sis was sitting on her bed staring at an old family photo in a picture frame, "I can't let this happen again. I have to abstain myself. It was all my fault Rena was hurt. She's my responsibility now." thought Teru.