Chapter 5: We felt the same

I skipped school to be with Ayumi to congratulate her last suspension day. We met up at the park closer to her house and we went on the train to hang out at the shopping center. We stop by at a picture machine first and took some pictures together. Then we went and tried on the latest clothes in fashion. I was clinging onto Ayumi's hand wherever we went. I do it to big sis all the time when we go out. We took a break at a cafè. I kept apologize to Ayumi about her suspension. "Stop it. Quit apologizing. It wasn't your fault." said Ayumi.

I was looking around fiddling my thumbs to think of something to talk about. "Ayumi, I really appreciate you. You really touched my heart when you did your best to get the photo. Umm... So you knew from Sakuya about my secret with big sis?" She nodded. I was a little sad. "Rena, are you going to ask Sakuya out again?" ask Ayumi. "Um.. N-" Ayumi cut me off my sentence, "Don't do it... Please don't do it."

I sigh then smile, "I won't. Sakuya still only sees me as a friend." Ayumi looked relief. "By the way Ayumi, do you still have the photo? I'll trust you, so you can do whatever you want with it." I was technically thinking she'll shred it and throw it in the trash.

"Rena... I really like you..." said Ayumi in a low voice. I jolted, "Come on now. Stop joking around Ayumi." I was brushing it off. This can't be happening.. She took a deep breath in, "I am serious!" The other customers in the cafè jolted from the sudden loud voice. I was stun. My body was heating up and I can hear my heartbeat pounding. Eh? Why do I always react like this when it's Ayumi..? It's always her..

"I-I..." I was hesitating. Ayumi grabbed my hand and took me out of the cafe. My mind was blown away and I was flustering over the thought of her out of the blue confession. I wasn't paying attention and Ayumi took us to an isolated place.

She let go of my hand, "I like you Rena! I really like you." Ayumi confessed again. I flustered, "But.." I took a deep breath in, "I'm.. Sorry. I can't..." Ayumi made a tight fist and she was bleeding, "Why..?" I didn't answer her and I felt terrible. I sadly walk back home without Ayumi.

"What's wrong, Rena?" ask big sis. cuddling me. "I don't feel like talking about it.." Big sis was concern now, "Alright.." I went to my room and fell on my bed. I wasn't expecting her to do that, I just wanted to hang out with her because I missed her so much.

The next day, Ayumi came back to school and I couldn't bring myself to talk to her since yesterday. Sakuya was concern. First, She talked to Ayumi during the break between classes. "What happened yesterday, Ayumi?" "It's none of your business." replied Ayumi rudely. Sakuya couldn't get anything out of her. "Fine. I'll ask Rena. You might want to hear her side of the story." suggested Sakuya. Ayumi took some moments to think about it.

Afterschool Sakuya took me behind the school building. She aggressively push me to the wall and made sure I couldn't escaped from her. "What happened yesterday?" I look at her with a sad expression, "It was suppose to be a hang out but she confessed to me." Sakuya was even more curious, "You guys going out now?!" ask Sakuya excitedly. I was confused about Sakuya's behavior. "No, I didn't want to." Sakuya was shock, "Why?!" shouted Sakuya.

I began to weep, "I don't want to lose the relationship we had till now! I always wanted to ignore this, but I can't! After I saw Ayumi tried so hard to retrieve the fallen photo for me, I couldn't contain my feelings. I love her so much!" I collapse to the ground, "I love her... But I have Teru. I don't know what to do!" Sakuya stepped back a little.

"Rena..." Sakuya heard someone behind her and it was Ayumi. I was throwing a tantrum, "You said it yourself Sakuya, my relationship with big sis isn't normal! I'm disgusting! Disgusting! Ayumi doesn't need someone disgusting! Even if our relationship stayed the same, she won't like a disgusting friend!" Sakuya was feeling guilty.

"Rena, do you really think I was that type of person?" ask Ayumi. I slowly look up and saw Ayumi. How long has she been here? I didn't hear her come. "No... But soon you will be!" I said. She kneel down in front of me and kiss my lips, her tongue manage to find mines. Sakuya blush from watching us; she tried not to look.

"Stop being so sure of yourself, Rena. I don't care if you think you're disgusting.. I love you." confessed Ayumi. I jump onto Ayumi and hug her. I kept apologizing over and over.

Sakuya's hand was covering her eyes. When she took a peek, she saw us kissing again. "Jeez..." Sakuya went home and later we did too. Ayumi and I were holding hands to my house.