Chapter 2: Shame

I was in big sis's bed with her. "Can I go to my bed now?" I ask. Big sis went on top of me, "Rena, you don't want to sleep with me? You're making big sister a little sad."

I turn my head away, "Alright..." She move her body closer to me and whisper in my ear, "I have such a wonderful little sister." She was so close to me, I slightly blush.

So when I went to school the following day, Ayumi wasn't in the classroom. School was starting and Sakuya wasn't here and neither is Ayumi. It couldn't be a coincidence, but they both came late to class at the same time.

I called out to her when she enter the classroom, "Hey Ayumi." But she ignored me. I wonder what's wrong. She wouldn't look my way at all and it made me a little worried.

I end up casually chatting with some of Sakuya's friends. Sakuya grin over to Ayumi but Ayumi brushed it off. "Um... Sakuya do know what's going on between Ayumi and Rena? They're not talking to each other." said one of Sakuya's friend.

"No, I don't. If they had a fight, it would be nice if they make up soon." said Sakuya sympathizing.

During our break between class, I saw Ayumi leave before I could approach her. "What's wrong, Rena?" ask Sakuya. I didn't notice Sakuya was besides to me, "Um..." I don't know what to say after she rejected me, how should I behave?

"Don't worry. Just act like you always do Rena." reassure Sakuya. She must have read my mind, "Ayumi has been avoiding me today.." "Did you two had a fight?" "No... I don't think so." I said thinking what I've done to be on Ayumi's bad side. "Maybe give her some time until she talks to you again." said Sakuya smiling. "... Ok." Then Sakuya left the classroom.

Ayumi started talking to me again the next day. "What happen yesterday? You ignored me all day, Ayumi." I said. "Sorry... I... There was something..." She kept pausing. I friendly slap Ayumi's shoulder and laugh, "That's so unlike you... If there's something troubling you, come talk to me. We're best friends after all." I said smiling. There was a beam of innocence and tenderness aura surrounding me. Ayumi was feeling miserable.

Sakuya walk pass us and Ayumi saw her grin. Ayumi became alert. "Mm-Hm. I know, Rena." Ayumi nodded.

Afterschool I was helping out the teachers since they were lacking assistance. Ayumi was waiting for me at the school library as usual but when I came to get her, she wasn't there. I was hopping she'd wait for me.

I went back to my classroom to get my things. But then... I... I saw Sakuya and Ayumi together... They were kissing.

I was more than just shock. I instantly felt betrayed when I saw Ayumi kissing Sakuya. "A-Ayumi?" My voice quivers. She jolted and move Sakuya away from her. My eyes were covered in tears and my heartbeat was throbbing intensively. Sakuya look behind her and she smirk knowing it was me.

"Ops.. Bad timing Rena." Smiled Sakuya being amuse by my reaction. I could only bring up my courage to say one word, "Why...?" Ayumi look away from me. Sakuya was not affect by the atmosphere between us, "Well, just the other day when I rejected you, Ayumi became mines... I like Ayumi." said Sakuya boldly.

I couldn't hold in my sobs and I ran away. "Jeez. I wasn't finish talking." said Sakuya making a fuss. She turn back to Ayumi and notice she was being tearful, "The girl you like, just saw you kiss with the girl she liked. How does it feel?" Sakuya snorted with her chuckles, "I think I just ruined your friendship."

"Is it revenge that your after? What did Rena do to you to make her suffer so much!" ask Ayumi yelling her lungs out.

Sakuya became angry, "You're also on her side too then, huh... No one believes my side of the story..." She was angrily mumbling to herself.

9 years ago, two certain girls met inside a class. No one willingly want to be friends with the quiet girl who wasn't good at anything the other kids would like. But then, when she was partnered up with one of the kids who stood out, she thought she would be a hinderance. But it wasn't true. Her partner kept encouraging her and at the end they were working well together and won first place. The quiet girl was immobilized by her presence and hence, she was her first one; always practicing to say the one sentence to her to be accepted: "Would you be my friend?" She was becoming obsess with her thinking she's the only one; her first and only admiration; she absolutely adores her. Bringing up all her courage one day to say it to her, she saw something that would scar her for life. She saw her kissing a girl completely older than her where no one was watching. Later she learned it was her older sister. She told it to her teachers, parents, and even strangers; no one would believed her just because she was little. The adults believe she was framing someone she doesn't like and was just saying stuff to get attention because she's quiet. She became so obsess, she wanted their strange relationship to be acknowledge by other people. No one was there for her when she needed it the most. 

I was at home with big sis. We were both sitting on the couch. After I calmed down, she asked me what happened. I don't even want to think about it. "Big si-... Teru, I don't want to remember it. Please make me forget." I hold on to her loose t-shirt. Big sis smile but was worried at the same time, "It's rare for you to say my name, Rena. You just flipped my switch." said big sis in a lewd way. I look away from her, "Because...!" She stopped me from saying anything else and did a french kiss with me. "It feels... Embarrassing..." She smile; her gentle smile slowly warm my sadden heart. She whisper to my ear, "Is it alright if we go all out?" I blush at her bold question and nodded.

After we did it, I passed out. Big sis took me to my room, "I'll do anything to help you, my little pumpkin." She kiss my forehead and went to her room to make a phone call.