Chapter 5: Midnight Swim...

Ava was having a dream that Diego was kissing her. A smile crept on her lips subconsciously as she began to stir. Becoming aware she slowly opened her eyes and stretched her tired body. Sighing in contempt, she sat up and yawned glancing around the room.

Scrunching her brows she noticed how quiet it was and that she was by herself. Looking down she also noticed the blanket that was over her. "I fell asleep." she says lowly realizing that she had dozed off while watching a movie with Diego. "Diego!" she whispered uncovering herself as she stood up. "Luca..." the thought that she slept while Luca could have been crying for her made her anxious.

Heading out of the living room area she rushed to the staircase until voices stopped her in her tracks. Tilting her head to the side she waited to hear it again so she would know exactly where they were coming from.

Turning around, she made her way to the kitchen and stopped in the entrance. Sitting around the table was Diego and Luca strapped to his highchair...making a mess and squealing.

"Luca, you need to stop making so much noise so Ava doesn't wake up." Diego says lightly but Luca just giggled and continued playing with his apple sauce.

Ava couldn't help but smile at the sight. It was nice to see Diego spending time with Luca. Walking over to the counter she picked up a towel and made her way to them. Diego's back was facing her so he had no idea Ava was there.

"Luca, are you making a mess mi pequeño principe (my little prince)?" walking up to him she began to wipe his hands then face as he giggled when he saw her.

Diego was surprised that Ava had woken up but pleased to see her. After he had kissed her softly, he watched her for a few minutes before going to his office to check his emails. 

"Ava. When did you wake up? I'm sorry, did we wake you?" he asked in a hurried tone hoping Luca's squealing hadn't. She looked so tired before they had arrived at the beach house and looked so peaceful when she slept that he had decided to let her have a much deserved nap. One of the reasons why he had taken the weekend off was so that Ava can get some rest while he spend time with his son.

"Only a few minutes and no, this squealer didn't wake me." she smiled and pinched Luca's pudgy cheeks softly. She loved his cheeks.

"Oh good. I was worried we might have." he tells her with relief.

They stayed in silence for a minute until Ava asked. "Why didn't you wake me up when Luca woke up? It is my job after all to take care of him."

"Ava." placing his hand on hers to stop her from wiping Luca she tensed under his touch and looked at him. "I took this weekend off not only to spend time with my son, but to also give you a bit of a break. You watch Luca day and night and bringing you here to my beach house was a way to thank you." he tells her with a smile then squeezed her hand lightly to reassure her to not worry.

Ava's heart skipped a beat not only because her boss was being nice and thoughtful, but because he was still holding her hand. Blushing she thought back on how she thought he was going to kiss her earlier and also about the dream she had during her nap.

"Thank you Mr. Bec- I mean Diego. I really appreciate it. But, I will still be taking care of him this weekend. I wouldn't want you to do it all by yourself." 

Tilting his head to the side Diego chuckled. "Don't worry Ava, we will both be taking care of our little bambino." bringing her hand up to kiss softly.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************