Chapter 7: ...A walk on the beach...

The sun was setting out on the horizon. The orange and lavender colors fused together to form a work of art in the sky. It was breathtaking and Ava couldn't keep her eyes off of it, just like Diego couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

"Are you ready piccola?" his voice behind her startling her.

Turning around she smiled at him with a nod. "Yes. I was just looking at the sunset. It is such a beautiful view... isn't it?"

Looking behind her, Diego nodded then looked back at her. "It sure is, but I believe now I'm looking right at the beautiful view in front of me." walking towards her, he reached out to cup the side of her face. 

Leaning to his touch Ava couldn't help but smile. "Bellisima. (Beautiful.)" whispering as he brought her face up to face him. "May I kiss you Ava?"

Without reservation she nodded her head. Grinning, Diego cupped the other side of her face and kissed her slowly so he can take her in. Enjoying the kiss, Ava internally smiled.

They both pulled away breathlessly. "I would kiss you all night if you'd let me Ava." 

"... and I think I would let you Diego."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Are you cold?" Diego asked while him and Ava were walking on the beach. They had just finished eating dinner at the local Seafood restaurant he liked going to when he was in the area.

"Just a bit." she tells him while rubbing her bare arms up and down. Ava only had a cover all around her shoulders because it had been a warm night when they had left the beach house. After dinner, they had decided to take a walk on the beach.

Shrugging his sports jacket off, he swung it over her shoulders. "Here you go. Warmer?"

"Yes, thank you."

Continuing to walk in silence Diego began to think about the night him and Ava had just had. It had been their first actual dinner "date" alone.

"How do you think Luca is doing?" breaking the silence. After washing up from their time on the beach, Mrs. Beccari, Diego's mom showed up to pick up Luca for a few days. She had missed her only grandson and thought to give Diego a break.

Diego glanced over at her. "I'm sure he is doing fine. My mother adores him just as he does her. Why do you ask?" 

Ava only shrugged walking ahead of him. Not wanting to sound worried or even selfish she didn't want to admit to Diego that she was missing Luca. After all, she was with him all day long. She loved him like a mother would her own child.