One - Introductions & Invitations

Harry had never gotten ready for anything so fast in his entire life. It was hard to look presentable in such a short amount of time, that was why his publicist hired stylists and makeup artists for all of Harry's appearances. Too bad that would be coming to an end as his baseball career began.

He rushed out the front door of his penthouse, impatiently tapping his foot the entirety of the long elevator ride down to the lobby. There was a flock of paparazzi outside the building, cameras flashing and the yelling commencing as soon as Harry was visible through the large glass doors.

He took a deep breath, he always hated the paps. They made him feel like less of a human and more like some kind if museum exhibit or zoo animal, he felt like he was trapped. Sure, it all came with the music career, but lately it had been even worse.

The security guards opened the doors for him as he tucked his dark sunglasses over his bright green eyes. He forced smiles and waved at the people who were firing rapid questions his way as his bodyguards tried to pave a path to his car.

"Harry! Harry! Are you quitting music?"

"You're making a huge mistake playing baseball! How does it feel to know you're killing your own career?"

"Styles, tell us about your baseball offer!"

"How do you feel about all of the scrutiny surrounding your athletics?"

"Harry, put the rumors to rest! Are you really playing baseball?"

With one hand on the car door handle, Harry decided to do something he usually didn't do. He engaged with the paps. Harry turned to face them, gripping the door tightly, and said, "This season I will be taking some time away from music to play professional baseball with the Great Britain international team. After that, there's not really a definite plan. Thank you for the support." He waved one last time before climbing into the backseat and shutting the door behind him with an exasperated sigh.

"Well, Mr. Styles, that was bold of you," Harry's driver chorused. His name was Peter. Peter was an older man with kind eyes and an American accent, he always wore a suit even just to drive Harry to a film or to Niall's flat or to Nandos. He was an insightful man who always had good advice, he was definitely Harry's only father figure as sad as it sounded.

"I know, Peter. I feel very bold in general today," Harry said proudly.

"I can see that. And congratulations, by the way, on your blossoming baseball career Sir. You're going to be fantastic," the driver smiled at him through the rear view mirror, nodding curtly before turning his attention to the road.

"Thank you. That means a lot, Peter," Harry smiled happily.

They were quiet the rest of the ride, Harry quickly becoming absorbed in his thoughts. Everything was happening so fast and he felt this weird emotion, like a mix of anxiety and happiness and faith. He absolutely loved it. It was how he felt before he won the X-Factor, before his first sold out concert, and now before he signed an official contract to become a professional athlete. He really was living the dream.

They pulled up outside of the large baseball stadium, Harry could see a figure standing before the front entrance and he assumed it was Nick. Thanking Peter, Harry slipped out of the car. He quickly smoothed his loose button up shirt and combed a hand through his long curls. Harry scurried up the cracked sidewalk until he was face to face with Nick Grimshaw.

The man's brown hair was spiked up, a little bit too high in Harry's opinion, and he had a huge grin plastered onto his face. He wore a fancy suit and had a bluetooth in his ear, a stack of papers and a cell phone in one hand. "Harry!" Nick exclaimed, tugging him into a tight hug, "Good to see you!"