Twenty Six - The Icing On Top

They made it back to Harry's building, the curly haired lad gushing excitedly the whole way up the elevator to his floor. "I swear Lou, you're going to love the cake! And your presents! Zayn helped me pick some out and even Liam did too, but mostly it was all me. It took forever but they really all are perfect and I can't wait to see your face!" he cheered, bouncing lightly on his toes.

Louis let out a laugh, smiling fondly up at his handsome boyfriend. "I still can't believe you got me twenty five presents. I mean, I've never even gotten five before. I don't even know how to feel, what to expect," he admitted, following Harry out of the elevator and down the hall.

As Harry unlocked his door, a frown danced across his pretty pink lips. "You know, I'm sorry you never had good birthdays, L. But I swear, I'm going to make every single birthday you have fantastic for as long as you want me around. I will make up for the shitty ones, I promise you that," he said confidently, his expression serious.

Louis leaned up to run a hand through Harry's curls, settling it on the boy's cheek for a moment. "I couldn't ever thank you enough, Haz," he replied, pressing a light kiss to Harry's lips.

"Just keep the kisses coming, Captain, that's as good a thank you as any," Harry winked, his usual cheeky grin returning to his face as he opened up the door.

As soon as Louis stepped inside, he swore he had been transported to the North Pole. A huge, brightly lit Christmas tree was in the living room, stacks and stacks of presents underneath it. Decorations were everywhere and they were all fancy, from the embroidered stockings that read H and L and N, to the twinkling lights lining the rooms. The whole flat felt very cozy and very Harry.

"So, we have time to kill before dinner reservations and I think it's just enough to open up your presents. And, we have to eat some cake because dessert should always come before dinner," Harry said matter of factly, "Go sit by the tree. All the blue, green and white ones are yours. The red ones are for Niall or Luke or Liam or my family. I'll get the cake!"

Louis did as he was told, crossing the room and kneeling down beside the tree. His eyes scanned over all of the boxes and bags, varying in size and shape and weight (not that Louis was weighing them to guess what was inside or anything, that would be childish). He didn't have a single clue as to what Harry would have gotten him; it's not like he made a Christmas list or sent the boy suggestions.

It was weird realizing that Harry knew him so well to buy twenty five things that Louis liked. It was weird realizing that it was all for him.

His thoughts were interrupted by Harry's singing voice echoing throughout the flat. "Harry birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to my baby, angel, prince, Louis! Happy birthday to you!" he hollered out happily.

Louis looked over his shoulder to see his dorky boyfriend, carefully navigating the room at turtle speed to protect the large cake in his arms. Harry giggled as he set the cake onto the coffee table before Louis, positioning it so the blue eyed boy could see it in all it's glory.

 Harry giggled as he set the cake onto the coffee table before Louis, positioning it so the blue eyed boy could see it in all it's glory