Twenty Eight - Meet the Parents

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow," Harry sang lightly, his voice smooth and deep as it blended with the holiday radio station.

They were turning down Harry's street, all the houses were small, in a cute and cozy kind of way, and all of them were decorated with bright Christmas lights. It was nice and left Louis wondering who he would be if he had grown up in a neighborhood like this. He shook the thoughts away when he felt the car go into park.

"Here we are! Home!" Harry gushed, quickly unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car.

Louis grinned, following suit and hopping out as well. "It's adorable," he said, looking up at the small, two story flat.

"It's not much, but it was where I grew up. I've told my mum a million times that I want to buy her a nicer flat, one that's bigger and fancier and stuff, but she refuses. She says there's too many memories in this old place and she doesn't want to leave," Harry mused in a dreamy tone, sounding nostalgic.

Louis took Harry's hand in his own. "She sounds like quite the woman," he told him, "I hope she likes me." He gave Harry's fingers a squeeze as they headed up to the front door.

"Oh hush, she's going to go proper bonkers when she sees you, you'll be lucky to ever make it back to London. She's going to want to keep you for herself," Harry joked with a light laugh, "My sister probably will too."

Harry held his free hand up in a fist, ready to knock on the wood door before them. Before he got the chance to, the door flew open, revealing a pretty blonde. She was tall (well, compared to Louis anyways) and she looked a lot like Harry, just more feminine and more petite. A huge smile was cast across her face, her hazel eyes lighting up at the sight of the pair. "Har! I missed you! And oh my gosh, this must be Louis! Hi!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around both boys and pulling them into a group hug.

Louis wrapped an arm around her, feeling already like he was a part of the Styles family. Harry's sister just smelled like home. Which was weird because it wasn't even Louis' home, but still.

"Louis, this is Gemma. Gemma, Louis," Harry introduced with a smile, slinking an arm over his sister's shoulder, still holding Louis' in the other.

"It's amazing to finally meet you, Gemma," Louis replied happily.

Gemma smiled even wider, her eyes crinkling in the same way Harry's were. "And you too! I've heard so much about you. I mean, every time Harry calls you're basically the only thing he talks about. Even before you lot were an item," she teased.

"Oh, well I hope Harry's been saying only good things!" Louis laughed, shaking his head.

Harry shrugged with a serious expression. "What I've said is neither here nor there," he cracked a smile and shot Louis a wink, "Kidding, love. Come along, Gems! Aren't you going to invite us in? It's quite nippy out here! And I want to see mum."

Louis playfully rolled his eyes at Harry, Gemma smiling fondly as she tugged them into the house. The whole flat smelled like cookies and fresh pine, due to the rustling in the kitchen and the tall undecorated Christmas tree in the corner. It was cute, small and perfectly aged and everything that Louis pictured when imagining where Harry grew up.

"Mum! They're here!" Gemma yelled out, her voice echoing through the home.

A woman with dark hair and kind eyes came into the room, an apron around her waist and a smile on her face. "Boys!" she greeted them.

Harry let go of Louis' hand and unwrapped his arm from Gemma. In three swift steps Harry closed the space between himself and his mum, pulling her into a tight hug and burying his face in her hair. He was the biggest mama's boy in the world, his mum was his everything and he hated that he didn't see her more. You would think by their reunions that it had been years, when really it's only been a month or two.