Five - On the Run

Practice had just ended, Harry was sat on the bench in the locker room as he tugged off his cleats. He shoved the uncomfortable shoes into his locker and grabbed out his street clothes. Harry had just tugged his black jeans over his hips when he heard someone clear their throat from behind him.

As usual, Louis was the face Harry saw when he turned around. The boy was wearing a black tank top that had 'skate tough' written in white print across the front with skin tight jeans and his usual vans. He had a weak smile on his face, hands in his jean pockets as he looked up at Harry. "Hey," Louis said slowly.

"Hi," Harry replied casually, tugging one of his favorite Rolling Stones tee shirts over his head.

"Would you want to maybe go grab some lunch?" Louis asked, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He seemed nervous or embarrassed or a little bit of both.

Harry was surprised, shocked even, that Louis actually wanted to hang out with him. Yeah, they had talked about starting over and trying to be friends, but Harry didn't believe it would actually happen. He coughed and nodded his head quickly. "Yeah, lunch sounds good," Harry answered, smiling softly back at Louis.

Louis' face lit up for a moment, a happy smile on his lips, before he tried to calm it down and act nonchalant. "Good. Whenever you're ready, we can head out, okay? I'll be in the hall," Louis explained, speaking as if it were an everyday normal thing for them.

Harry nodded, "Okay, I'll be there in a sec."

He watched Louis leave, feeling weirdly confused and excited at the same time. Harry quickly tugged on his boots and shoved his uniform back into his locker before grabbing his bag. He called a goodbye to the remaining boys in the locker room and scurried into the hall after Louis.

The boy was leaning up against the wall, eyes trained on his phone, and he looked almost like a model. Harry wondered if Louis knew he looked like that or if he was unaware of his own beauty. Harry figured that if he looked like Louis, he'd nonstop take pictures of himself. Then, he started to wonder how many selfies Louis had on his phone. Harry wished he could see Louis' selfies, he'd bet a million pounds on the fact that they'd be beautiful.

"Hey. You're staring pretty hard, Curly. Maybe take a picture, it'll last longer," Louis' voice called, snapping Harry out of his random thoughts. Louis was grinning knowingly, as if he could just tell that Harry was thinking of him.

Harry rolled his eyes, even though he could feel a blush rise upon his cheeks, and said, "I'll pass. A Louis Tomlinson photo shoot isn't on my schedule for today." He smiled playfully and shrugged his bag onto his shoulder.

"Busy guy, huh Popstar? Well, even if my photo shoot didn't make it, I still feel honored that my lunch offer did," Louis teased lightly, sounding sarcastic.

Harry started to walk, gesturing for Louis to follow. "You're a lucky one, Captain," Harry said with a mock salute, "Don't blow it."

Louis fell into step beside Harry, letting out a happy breath and said, "I'll try my best not to."

They walked in silence out of the stadium towards the car park. Harry didn't really know where they were going, he was just kind of walking and adjusting to any turns Louis made. "I have a car here if you want, my driver can take us wherever you wanted to eat," Harry suggested, kicking a rock with his shoe as they went.

"You have a driver? Man, that's a whole new level of rich kid stuff. My car is parked just down here. How about we just toss our bags inside and walk? You know, save the environment right?" Louis offered, pulling a set of keys from his pockets.

Harry laughed and nodded. "Sure. Whatever you say, Mr. Environmentalist," he mused.

"Don't judge me because I care about the planet, Harold," Louis said sternly, winking before he pressed the unlock button on his keys.