Nagito Komaeda x reader - "I guess its just my luck huh?"

- your crush/best friend Nagito Komaeda asked you if you wanted to go on a date with him to get to know you better -

I woke up and yawned. It was a Saturday late morning, I had planned on going to the fair with Komaeda (It only comes once a year and it was quite popular so we couldn't afford to be stuck in lines). We decided to meet up at around 10:00am as the fair opened at 10:15am but the time I woke up was already 9:45am.

"Shit I'm gonna be late! God I wish I hadn't stayed up last night." I yelled as I jumped out my bed as I dragged my (f/c) pyjama t-shirt over my head and my matching bottoms. I started putting on my favourate outfit (instert outfit choice because I ain't creative), it wasn't that fancy but it was good enough. I grabbed my wallet/purse and held it under my arm as I rushed out my house and headed towards the fairgrounds.

- time skip to when you and komaeda are playing amusement games like coin dozers and shit like that -

"You-You look amazing (y/n) but I bet you get that a lot huh?"
Komaeda said kindly as he scanned my outfit. A soft, light blush crept onto my face, but like always when I got compliments, I couldn't reply leading the conversation to a painful minute of silence and awkward thoughts.
"U-Um... So... What machine would you like to play on first?"
He sweetly asked as he smiled, breaking the unbearable tension. We were standing next to a ¥5 coin dozer. I scanned the arcade and glanced at each machine, hardly any of them looked appealing. I looked over to the claw machines, they were in a line, side by side and all had different prizes, there was one that caught your eye though; a flashing grab a prize with the prizes of pikachu plushies. Komaeda held my wrist lightly and led me towards the desired choice of amusement, as if he knew I thought about playing on those machines first.

"Um, komaeda... You can let go of my wrist now?"
"Oh yeah sorry..." He chuckled as I giggled along with him.
"Here (y/n), I'll pay for the first couple of tries, or would you rather use your own money instead of yen from trash?"
He asked as he looked around the metallic box holding the desired prizes.

"It's alright, but 1) Please don't call yourself trash, your nothing like that, it's a blaitant lie and 2) It's alright but could you help me on the machine? I'm pretty crap at this kind of stuff anyways."
"It would be my pleasure, and I'm sorry for calling myself trash, I should think about your feelings first rather than my own... how self centred of me *sigh*..." I rolled my eyes, I hated it when he said such things and it only pissed me off even more.
"But I'll help you if you want."
He pulled out the money required for the machine and pushed it into the machine's money slot, automatically making it react with flashing coloursand making loud noises. Komaeda moved closer to the machine and I held my hand on the joystick, only to feel a colder, yet oddly comforting hand ontop of mine. I blushed madly... Komaeda's hand guided mine, moving the joystick towards one of the plushies and pressed the "grab" button. It seemed there wasn't a chance to win the prize since, most of these machines were likely rigged.

"Winner, winner! Please grab your prize!" the machine called out as I gapped in shock. 'how... the fuck?' I thought as he chucked grabbing the prize.

"You thought you had missed huh?" He smiled as he held out the prize infront of me. I grasped onto the toy and nodded.
"I guess it's just my luck huh?"
Komaeda smiled as he walked away from the machine. We strolled around the arcade, mostly just talking but wasting money on machines like car racing and whack a mole. We were both pleased with our day, but Komaeda seemed distracted more than anything else, it started to make me slightly concerned the closer it got to later on in the afternoon.

-time skip to when you're in the queue for the ice cream van -

The queue was enormous, it wasn't what I was expecting.
"I guess it's their lucky day too huh?" I said to myself holding a slight laugh back. Komaeda had his hands in his pockets and was looking around, as if looking for something.

"Komaeda - san... Is everything alright with you?"
"I'm fine... There's no point in waiting in this line here, I need to take you somewhere."
"B-But"
"No buts (y/n)!"
He held onto my hand and dragged me towards a secluded back ally. It was quite dark and I couldn't see anything, I couldn't see komaeda.

"Komaeda... Komaeda where are-" I feld a cold hand holding onto my shoulder behind me, warm breath brushing against my neck causing goosebumps to form there. I slowly turned around to come face to face to Komaeda, I couldn't see his full facial features but you saw his eyes, which pierced through the darkness.

"(y/n)... I'm disgusting and worthless... You probably won't want to hear this... But I care about you more than friends... I'll protect you through anything even if I'm a horrible person and-"
I couldn't take any of his own insults against himself, I had to show him that he wasn't disgusting or a horrible person. I found the collar of his shirt and pulled him into my lips, he gasped and his eyes widened in shock but my eyes were closed. I cared about him and I couldn't stop myself anymore. He cuffed his hand onto my cheek and closed his eyes, giving into the kiss. I released my grasp onto his collar and wrapped my arm around his neck.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes, gleaming with hope.

"If I hear you call yourself any of that nonsense you might never get a chance to see me naked in your bed.." I chucked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and dug his head into my neck. I could feel him grin against my skin as I held back a laugh.

"What did the kiss mean? Was it to shut me up?"

"I love you, Komaeda... But I'm serious... You won't ever see me naked if you call yourself that." I pulled him closer to me and kissed his nose. He just laughed and smiled.

"I love you too (y/n) and I promise I'll restrain myself from insulting myself." He smiled, making me giggle.

"We need to go, it's too dark and my eyes are gonna end up getting used to the dark." Komaeda nodded and pulled me out of the ally, holding my hand while I held onto my pikachu plushie. 'At least I got lucky this time' I thought to myself as we walked bak to our homes.
----------------
Sorry this took so long and it's fucking crap too rip reader but here imma leave this here while I procrastinate how tf this book even has nearly 300 reads fuck