Ch22: Help Needed

-Denice's Pov- (unedited)

"Hey we need to talk and not just about all this I have some news of my own to tell you." I blurt out to the sad girl sitting next to me. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying before I came in, her body slouching it looked depressing to see. She sniffled into her sleeve locking her hands together and finally looked at me.

"What's that?" She choked.

"Shay, I know i haven't been around lately to help you out with you're weaknesses. I just been away with Carter a lot because I can't get enough of him. Wait that's not what I meant- it's just we both wanted to be together and we finally are, but at the same time I should've been aware of you and our friends. I love all of yous I realize I haven't been around and I'm sorry for that." I replied waiting for her to reply back. I put my head down to look at my feet quickly and look back at her.

"I understand that part Dee, but this hunting stuff. I can't do it. It gotten hard, I can't control my thirst, can't attack my opponent properly like I did before. This entire thing is hard and I'm so stressed out. Tobi can't even help me and I know he's trying his best." She cried out into her hands. I wrapped my arms around her and cradled her tightly letting her cries out.

"You just don't have enough confidence for yourself. We all have a weakness with this vampire stuff, I get it. But you're caring and brave isn't it that why you're here in the house of Alaric? You're a tracker for crying out loud that's an amazing gift to have. Don't let the weakness take over you're strong suits Shay, you're better than that." I say with confidence. She sighs shaking her head.

"I know but I just-" I cut her off before I hear another lecture of depression and self pity.

"No stop this. My sister isn't suppose to be self conscious. This is our first year of course it's gonna be hard for us, but you're going to be back on you're feet in no time. Come on." I say pulling her hand and dragging her out of the room.

"Dee where are you taking me, I don't want to go anywhere. I just need to be locked in the room." She begged. Attempting to move my fingers from the hold but I held on tightly. I was dragging her out to the field where Jake, Ray & Tobi stood awaiting for our arrival. Shay looked ahead moving her head to the side to see them standing in different clothing. Ray was holding a whistle and stop watch, Jake had pylons in his hands and for Tobi he was the help to this. We walk up to them when I signal Jake to go place the pylons and Ray to prop up.

"What are you guys doing?" Shay questioned once I let her go.

"Denice insisted on getting you to where you needed to be with the help of these props here." Tobi mentioned when i nod.

"Jake over there is placing pylons where you will be running too, just like our first vamp class with mr fitz, Ray over here well be timing you for each set you do. So Tobi here is sacrificing his pretty face to be torn by you." I tease making Tobi chuckle. Shay didn't laugh though she just sighed.

"Do you actually think this is going to work out? If they can't do it why do you think you will."

Ouch.

"I'm you're sister that's why, I'm going to push you until you're feet bleed, you're hands feel numb, and legs feel like jello. Now take you're Mark. Tobi go to Jake." I instructed. Tobi ran across the field and Shay and I walked towards Ray.

"Okay Shay, focus on Tobi and imagine him being an outsider. An enemy. Say he hurt mom and he tortured her brutally. Kept her hostage. You want him dead, to destroy him. So you want to attack him with full force and not hold back." I whispered into her ear when she bump down to take her stand. I signal Ray to start the watch when I yell 'go'. Shay took off running down the field towards Tobi and jumped at him taking him down brutally. We all laughed at the scene with Tobi helped Shay up.