Chapter one: The Cullens

Annabelle Cullen

I wake up from my slumber and get out of bed.

I change into

and then leave my hair it's natural way

and then leave my hair it's natural way. I then put my rings and jewelry back on.

I look at myself in my body mirror and immediately felt self-conscious. There was then a knock on the door.

I open it to see Edward.

"What's up? Jasper said you're feeling sad." He says.

I sigh then go back to my mirror and he follows me.

"Do I look okay?" I ask.

"Annabelle... You are extremely beautiful. Everyone in this house knows this. Rosalie is quite jealous of it. Carlisle is proud of it. He's also very protective. But you shouldn't question your beauty. I never did. I still don't." Edward says.

Everyone always thought Edward and I would be mates. We dated for a while but then broke up five years ago. Why? Because of certain reasons.

"I can't help it." I say.

He sighs and wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Annabelle, I never lie to you. Especially when it comes to these kinds of things. And please don't rip my head off for saying this.... But, Jeremy wouldn't want you to either. You think he'd stand here and let you criticize yourself?" He asks.

I sigh and shake my head. He lets go of me and I turn to face him.

"No... He'd scold me and annoy me by telling me I'm beautiful a thousand times until it's "implanted in my brain" that I'm beautiful." I say and feel a year fall down my right cheek.

Edward wipes it.

"Take a couple minutes. We still have 30 minutes until school starts. We'll be downstairs." He says.

I nod. He kisses my head then leaves. I fix my makeup then take one more look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath then go downstairs.

I saw dad and Esme with Jasper, Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, and Edward as they watched me come down the stairs.

Everyone but Edward and I had mates. That's another reason we're so close.

"Let's go." Emmett says.

Everyone says good-bye to dad and Esme then it was my turn. Dad wraps me in his arms then lifts me off the ground a bit, in a tight hug then kisses my temple.