Chapter nine: Prom

Annabelle Cullen

I'm still wondering if I'm in a cruel dream. Is Jeremy really alive? Did Bonnie actually do it?

"Anna! Why aren't you getting ready?!" Alice squeals, with her hands on her hips.

"For prom?" I ask.

"Yes! You have to come! Jeremy will be here any minute and the family is excited to meet the guy who puts you on cloud 9! Especially Carlisle! Plus, your friend on the other side said she'd haunt you til next years prom if you didn't go tonight." She says.

I sigh.

"Get. Ready!" She says then leaves.

I chuckle then close my door. I get up and change into

 I get up and change into

then do my hair.

It ends up looking like

"Anna!" I hear Alice call

I sigh.

"Your dates here!" She calls.

I go down the stairs and glance at my family, who's jaws were dropped and their eyes were wide, and go to the door.

I take a deep breath and then open the door. I saw Jeremy and he sees me.

"Wow. You look beautiful." He says.

"Thank you. You look handsome. Come in." I say.

He comes in and I take his hand then pull him towards my family.

"Jer, these are my siblings: Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Jasper, and Edward. This is my mother, for all intents and purposes, Esme.... And.... This is my father. Dr. Carlisle Cullen. Everyone.. This... Is Jeremy Gilbert." I say.

"It's an honor to meet you, Dr. Cullen. Anna always spoke highly of you." Jeremy says, extending his hand to my dad.

"It's an honor to meet the man that my daughter always cherished and loved." Dad says, shaking his hand.

"Can we please get a picture of the two of you?" Esme asks.

Jeremy and I nod. Esme brings us to the living room and goes next to Carlisle, in front of my adopted siblings.

"Do something cute!" Alice says.

Jeremy smiles and then pulls me close and I blush. I smile and place my hands on his shoulders.

I heard the flash of the camera and I peck Jeremy's cheek.

He smiles

He smiles.

"Midnight, the latest." Esme says.

We all agree then I hug my dad and kiss his cheek before leaving with Jeremy and my siblings.

We get into the cars and drive to the prom.

It was:

Rosalie and Emmett in Emmett's jeep.
Alice and Jasper in Carlisle's Mercedes.
Jeremy and I in my Mercedes.

Edward was meeting us there since he has to go pick up Bella from her house.

We got to the prom and went to the photo area.

"Do I have to?" I ask.

"Yes." Alice and Jeremy say at the same time.

I whine and everyone laughs. Jeremy and I walk up and they snap the picture of us

 Jeremy and I walk up and they snap the picture of us

We then go inside and it was crazy. Monte Carlo is so not our scene.

"Wanna go outside?" He asks me over the music.

I nod.

He takes me outside and we saw only one couple out there. We went over and heard a song start playing.

"It's our song." Jeremy says.

"You use to sing it to me." I say.

"To calm you down... Even when you had your humanity off." He says.

I look at him in shock as we start dancing.

"You think I just left you? I watched over you. I saw everything. It broke my heart, seeing you so hurt and angry. I hated not being able to just hold you and tell you it's okay, that I'm here, and that... Everything is gonna be okay. But I couldn't. All I could do was watch. Then, you found Carlisle. I still stayed. That's the reason I knew you were in Forks. When I came back to life, Elena and everyone told me everything. I came as quickly as I could." He says.

I sniffle and cup his face, pulling him into a kiss. He kisses back then we pull away. We dance to the music and just... Spent the entire night together.

As promised, we were home by midnight. Dad gave Jeremy permission to spend the night. Yes, in my room.

Surprisingly.

Jeremy and I just cuddled and talked all night/morning. We fell asleep around 5 in the morning.