Chapter two: Blood Singer

Annabelle Cullen

I was walking to the parking lot with Jasper, as we do every day. Jasper and I had history last period so we walk together.

We got to the parking lot and I can see Jasper getting tense.

"Jas, what's wrong? Too many emotions?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"Edward." He says.

I put my hands in his temples and send calming emotions onto him and he sighs in relief.

"Thank you." He says.

I nod and look to see Edward in the car. Alice comes up to us.

"He only wants you." She says to me.

I nod and walk to then get into Edwards car and he speeds off. Our siblings following not long after.

"Edward, what's wrong?" I ask.

"That girl... Her name is Isabella... Isabella Swan... She prefers Bella. She's in my biology class and she's my new lab partner and.... I smelled her blood..."  He says.

"We smell blood every day, Eddie, even I have trouble controlling myself, you know that. Jasper and I are still new to this diet." I say.

"Annie... This was different... I think Bella is my blood singer." He says.

Ohhhhhh shit. I sigh and move my hair. I know how that feels. Jeremy was my blood singer. Even as a hunter. But I still fought it and saved him.

"Let's go home and we'll talk, okay?" I ask.

He nods and we get home. He takes my hand and leads me upstairs, quickly passing Esme and dad.

"Edward? Annabelle?" Dad calls.

I hear Alice explaining what happened today to them.

Edward pulls me to his room and locks the now closed door. I sit on his couch thing and he lays on it.

"So Bella Swan is your blood singer." I say, but it came out more like a question.

"Mmm-hmm." He says.

"It's gonna be okay, Eddie." I say.

He finally calms down and cracks a smile. I smile, in relief, as the pain of all the emotions went away.

When I had taken some of the pain of the emotional overwhelming away from Jasper back at the school and blocked him from feeling any of Edwards emotions, it made me sick to the point where I got dizzy and nauseous.

"Annie, are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say.

I block him from reading my mind. He glares at me and I give him an innocent smile.

"You're lucky I love you." He mumbles and I giggle.

"You always will." I say.

"I'm gonna go hang out downstairs. Call me if you need me." I say.

"Kay. Thanks for listening!" He calls.

"No problem, Eddie. I say.

"Stop calling me that!" He says.

"Nah, I'm good!" I say.

He groans and I giggle before going downstairs to my family.

"Is he okay?" Esme asks.

"Yes, he's fine." I say.