Chapter six: Vampire Baseball

Carlisle Cullen

I was getting ready for the baseball game we had all planned out when Esme came into our room, worried.

"Carlisle?" she asks, worry dripping in her voice.

"Yes, dear?" I ask.

"How many blood bags did you give Annabelle to keep her strength?" she asks.

"I just gave her 6, 3 months ago. But she should be down to 2 now. Why?" I ask, confused and concerned.

"I found 6 blood bags. All untouched." she says, pulling her arms in front of her, showing 6 untouched blood bags.

"Oh no." I say, taking the blood bags from her.

"Carlisle, what's gonna happen to our daughter?" she asks.

"If she hasn't been drinking the blood bags... she must weakened... not enough to kill her but... enough to make her able to be affected by any kind of physical pain she endures... I need to talk to her." I say.

"Not now. She's so happy and excited downstairs." she says.

"And why would that be?" I ask.

"She can't wait to see Bella again." She says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah! She keeps going on and on about how she can't wait to see Bella, she can't wait to show her this and that-- it's absolutely amazing! I've never seen her so happy and energized!" she says.

I smile.

"She's been through way too much during the two times of our separations..." I say.

"What happened when she wasn't with you, or this family, Carlisle?" she asks.

I turn to her.

"It's not my story to tell, darling. Annabelle will tell the rest of you when she's ready." I say.

Esme nods, understanding.

We walk downstairs where all but Edward was.

Annabelle looked adorable in her outfit

She also had on one of Edwards baseball hats with her hair down

She also had on one of Edwards baseball hats with her hair down. She sees us and gets extremely happy.

"Come on! Let's go, guys! I wanna see Bella!" she says, jumping up and down like a child.

Esme and I chuckle then leave. Annabelle ran with us to the clearing.

She was squealing and jumping around the whole way there.

I chuckle as Esme smiles. We got to the clearing and wait for everyone else to arrive.

"Who are the teams?" Annabelle asks.

"It's Edward, Alice, Emmett, and Esme vs Jasper, me, you, and Rosalie. Bella is gonna be our umpire." I say.

"Cool." she says then giggles.

Her phone then rings, in a text tone. I saw her look down at her phone and then quickly put it away.

She looked uncomfortable.

I'm gonna have to talk to her about that, later. Soon, Jasper, Alice, Emmett, and Rosalie arrive.

Rosalie and Annabelle go to the side with Emmett and they all talk about something.

I was with Esme. It wasn't long after until Edward and Bella arrived.

Rosalie comes to me with the bat and we start our little game of who's hand will win for the starting batter.

She won and I nudged her away, laughing.

"Bella!" Annabelle calls.

Bella smiles and turns to Edward.

He sees Annabelle and chuckles before telling Bella to go, making Bella run to Annabelle.

The two girls squeal and hug, causing the rest of us to laugh.

"Rosalie. Emmett." I say.

Emmett and Rosalie turn to me and I motion them to come over to me and they do.

"Do either of you know what's been going on with Annabelle lately?" I ask.

They two exchange looks of worry and debating. Then, they sigh and nod. Rosalie hands me Annabelle's phone.

"Please help her... but after the game and when Bella's gone... this is the happiest any of us have seen her. You, of all, know this. She's your biological father and you know what she's been through." Rosalie says.

I nod and they walk away. I put Annabelle's phone in my pocket and then we begin the game.

Rosalie was batting first.

I went over to Annabelle.

"Anna, darling, may I have a word?" I ask.

"Yeah." she says.

"I was wondering if you'd take a walk with me after the game. Father, daughter, time. Plus, we could talk about your letter from the hospital, accepting you as my medical assistant." I say.

Her froze and turned to me. Her eyes lit like a christmas tree.

She gasps, laughs, then squeals and hugs me as I laugh lifting her in a hug. I felt everyone watching.

I saw them all smiling. I put Anna down and go to the batting area.

Rosalie was first.

Bella Swan

The Cullens were playing baseball and now it was Annabelle's turn. Annabelle points the bat to them and then gets in position.

"Be prepared everyone. Remember, she's the strongest and the fastest out of all of us." Carlisle says.

Alice pitches the ball and Annabelle hits it then sprints away. She makes a home run with a slide.

Carlisle, Jasper, and Rosalie all cheer as she got up.

"That's my girl!" Carlisle says, lifting Annabelle onto his hip as they cheer, making everyone laugh.

I noticed that Annabelle was mostly close to Carlilse, Rosalie, and Edward.

I hope I can get her to trust me like that one day.

"Stop!" Alice calls.