Chapter 4 (Hermione)

"Turn to page 125 of your books please." Umbridge told us, smiling at us.

"Hey, Fred. Freddie."

"What?" I whispered to George who was sitting next to me.

"Granger told me about some secret defense meeting this Hogsmeade weekend. Want to go?"

"Yes, but who's going to teach us?" I asked, remembering how Harry had argued fiercely against teaching.

"Dunno. But since when do you care who it is as long as we're getting out from under the toads grasp?"

I shrugged. "Just wondered."

"Detention, Mr.Weasley and Mr.Weasley. Tonight, ten o clock, my office." Umbridge said, walking past us.

~~ time skip to after detention ~~

"What did you do to me?" Fred asked, looking at my hand.

"It was detention with the Toad for talking." He looked impressed, and I hastily said, "But just for talking! Not for pulling a prank, or-or anything like that!"

"But still," he told me. "You play me almost as well as I do!"

"Keep your voice down, will you, there are people watching," I told him.

"Oh, and also, I heard George saying that I-slash-you were acting weird and not helping make products, so..."

"I can't do that! I don't know how any of that works or anything, and I haven't learned enough, and-"

"Hermione, I know you're studying for your newts already."

"But-but..."

"Exactly. George is waiting for you in classroom 24B. Go."

I growled and on my way out the common room, slammed the portrait behind me.

"Hey!" She squawked.

Fuming, I performed some healing charms on my hand to stop the flow of blood, and entered the classroom.
"Hey, Freddie."

"George." He was standing over a cauldron, out of which was coming a bunch of pink swirls.

"Love potion? Really?"

"Yeah. We're selling them, remember? Wait. To make sure it works..." he leaned over and smelled it, and his face took on a dazed expression. "Okay. You smell it." I lowered my face to it and inhaled. I smelled gunpowder, sugar and a strange woody smell that I was pretty sure I could smell while at Grimmauld Place. After I assured him it worked, we brainstormed, and I told him how to improve things rather than make new ones, because my disapproval of them was radiating off me from every word. (A/N:Sorry for weird wording) When we were finally done, I hurried back to the Gryffindor common room and went to bed.

~~time skip to Hogsmeade weekend~~

I trudged through the snow, hand-in-hand with Fred.

"I assume we'll be stopping at Zonko's at some point?" I asked him.

"Why, yes, Mr.Weasley. And you will be buying everything, not me."

"Well, you have to go to the bookstore to get books," I told him.

"Of course." Then we agreed to split up and each one of us go to our separate friends to shop. When we met back in The Hogs Head, I saw that Fred had a bag full of old looking books and smiled. I had bought what I thought that he would like, which included a spiky instrument that I used to threaten Zacharias Smith when he criticized Harry. After the meeting was over, we trudged back to the castle together, perfectly content.

A/N: Early update!!! Surprise!!! We updated today in honor of September 1, the day we met both Fred and Hermione. We are also starting a series of one-shots, so make sure you go and check that out. And yeah. Make sure to check out Micaela's Instagram @celestial_micaela Love you all!
Hugs and bloody knives from your authors,
That_Potter_Nerd