Chapter 26 (Hermione)

Referring to souls still people

I huffed and slammed my bag down on the library table, receiving a fierce glare from Madam Pince.

"What's up?" Asked Ginny.

I ran a hand through my hair and turned to Fred. "I can't find the book I saw the potion in."

He rubbed my hand. "Hey, you've got this, alright? And I'm sure Ginny wouldn't mind being in Zabini's body for the rest of her life,"

I snorted against my will as Ginny opened her mouth to object.

"Hey-"

I cut her off, not wanting them to fight in the middle of the library.

"I can do this. Gin, help me try to find the book. It should be in the Restricted Section, but I have a permission slip, and if you're with me it should be okay." I grinned at Fred. "Thanks for everything."

He winked and flicked my forehead. "No problem."

I rolled my eyes and went into the Restricted Section with Ginny. As we browsed the books, I heard a voice come from my left side.

"What are you looking for?"

I jumped and waved my book around accidentally hitting Malfoy across the left check with it.

"Oh, my gosh, I wish I could say I was sorry." I said, glowering at Malfoy. Ginny sniggered.

"Not necessary. I know what my dad did."

I put the book on the desk beside me. "And?"

He put a hand to his red cheek. "I'm sorry, I guess."

I turned away and continued looking at books as if I hadn't heard him.

"I get it if you don't want to talk, but shouldn't you at least say okay?" He said.

I picked up another book. "Okay."

He turned away, muttering something under his breath.

"Hermione! I found it!" Said Ginny, browsing a thick book.

I looked over her shoulder, and, sure enough, there it was. I lifted it up and squealed in delight. I could have kissed it. I hugged Ginny, grinning.

"Thank goodness!"

I ran out of the Section quietly, and set the book down on the table where Fred, Zabini, Ginny and I pored over the pages with the recipe.

"Alright," I said, placing a bookmark in the page and closing the book with a snap, "Two months at most."

Ginny sighed. "Thank you so, so much, Hermione. I owe you one."

Zabini looked at me. "Thanks, I guess."

Fred took my hand in his and together we walked out of the library.

Ayeeeeee ya girl's back

Thank you for reading!! I understand I've been very inactive as of late, and I promise I've been uploading whenever I can.