Kankuro x Reader ~ My Heart is Only Pulled by Your Strings.

You sat on a large rock by the stream just outside of Konoha, admiring the view.

Said view was of course Kankuro. You watched as he skillfully mastered Crow, his arms stretched out in from of him, fingers dancing along the horizon.

You blushed fiercely. Huh, you sigh sadly.

"Why don't you tell him how you feel already!" Temari cooed, breaking your thoughts as she plonked down beside you.

You blushed harder and looked down at the stream trying to hide it from her. But naturally, you failed. Temari missed nothing, especially when in came to the way you felt about her brother. She loved you, and she loved him. Clearly she thought you would be perfect together.

You continued to look down when suddenly you heard a spash and were instantly covered in a mini tsunami of water. You flicked your head up to find the culperate.

Temari grinned, fan still in the stream, staring at you. She rolled back and roared with laughter, taking you down with her. You both landed with a thud on your backs and looked up at the afternoon sky.

She turned to you, "but really y/n, you should just tell him how you feel." You turned and looked back at her, butterflies erupted in your stomach at the thought of confessing.

You had liked Kankuro for a ~long~ time.

"Too long, if you ask me," Temari giggled, as if she had read your thoughts.

"What's the point," you sighed, exasperated. "Someone like him would never fall for someone like me. Plus, if he liked me he wouldn't stay as far away as possible, like he does." 'We used to be so close,' you thought sadly.

"Someone like him!?" Temari roared with laughter again. Speaking between her giggles she continued, "a big idiot that likes to play with dolls!"

You giggled, but then she grew more serious, "y/n, you are amazing."

She grinned and looked around her making sure no one was nearby, "Okay I can't keep this secret any longer!" She squealed. "The other day he told m-," she was cut off abruptly.

You jumped with fright as you noticed Temari had disappeared and was evidentally replaced by Crow.

"Uhm..." you stared, shocked at what just happened.

"LET ME OUT KANKUROOOOO!" You heard the muffled screams from Temari as she banged against the inside of Crow. Clearly this wasn't the first time her brother had done this. You laughed.

You heard footsteps behind you as Kankuro approached, he looked annoyed.

With a graceful wave of his hands Crow opened up and Temari dramatically rolled out, hair everywhere and looking completely annoyed. She looked at Kankuro, ready to start raging when she caught his cold stare.

'Don't even ~think~ about telling y/n,' he mouthed dramatically from behind you. Temari got the hint, eying her brother off through narrowed lids.

Of course you completely missed all of this because you were rolling back in hysterics over the incident.

Temari huffed and chuckled lightly as she walked away leaving you alone with the handsome Kankuro. Your face grew redder.

"Hey.." Kankuro trailed off after a few moments in silence. Too late.  You had already panicked and ran after Temari flailing your arms  and mentally facepalming the entire way. Well shit. Way to waste your chance y/n!

You caught up with Temari, "so what we're you saying?" You asked curious.

"Oh nothing," she replied quickly. She stayed silent until she saw your questioning look. "Uh, Kankuro just mentioned Naruto's party last night. I think we should go!"