Chapter 4 - Change of Plans

C H A P T E R F O U R - CHANGE OF PLANS

Jack's POV

Darkness. Black, the color black filled the room. The sound of quiet snores were beside me too. Olivia Carter, she was a beautiful redhead. But she was no Scarlett. I may seem like a man whore by sleeping with all theses different girls, but I swear to you, I'm not.

I feel like, if i sleep with them, I'll:

a. forget about Scarlett

b. regain the same pleasure I did with Scarlett

but so far, neither of those choices have happened. I was lost. Broken. Defeated. Seeing her with Brent, makes me mad. Brent was a goody too-shoes. The good guy. And I'm the bad guy, according to Scarlett.

Scarlett's POV

About an hour into the movie, a knock was received. I opened the door to find a figure standing before me. A male figure. He said nothing, he grabbed my back and put his head really close to mine. His hot breath was against mine, and his heart was beating a million miles an hour, like mine. His lips came in contact with mine and I could taste him. He pulled on my hair, as I did the same. he was kissing me, and I was kissing him.

"Brent" I whispered into his ear. "Please stop."

He lifted his head up, and I did the same. That was the first time in forever, that I had felt so good. And Jack wasn't the one who did it, Brent did.

"Why?" I asked him confused.

Brent had been my best friend since Jack and I broke up, and I didn't even know him before that but he gave me great advice too, and I just don't know what happened. He wasn't supposed to do that.

"I don't know," he said unsure. "I just... something came over me." He blushed. "Scarlett, I've liked you forever." He said with his head down low.

I wasn't shocked by his words, but in the same way, I was. All I did was smile back to him.

"Don't you feel the same?" He asked. I did, but I didn't.

"Uh, su-" sure. I was about to say when he cut me off.

"Would you like to go out with me?" He asked scratching his head.

It has been over 15 months since my relationship with Jack. Everything just moved so fast, Brent started talking to me, and we became friends. I never really saw him as a boyfriend. But he was a good guy to me and I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

I encased him. I hugged him. It was a yes. I know I'll never feel the same love from him, like Jack. But I knew that Brent was a nice guy, and he wouldn't hurt me.

Jack's POV

"Physics." I say aloud grabbing my physics book, paper, and pencils. I shut my locker, and look ahead of me. It was Scarlett and Brent. He's always hugging on her as if they were in some relationship, other than a friend relationship if you know what I mean.

I turned in the opposite direction of them to leave for physics.

Once I'm in the classroom, I put my books down on the desk and sit down in the chair. People know not to bother me, especially when they see I'm not in the best mood. No one sits by me in physics class, no one.

One I'm done with that class, I head over to Scarlett's locker, not expecting Brent to be there instead.

"I-uh."

"Stay away from her." He says defensively.

"I was just going to ask her about tutoring." I say.

"She can't today. We have a date."

Those last four words, hit me. What did he mean. A date? I ignored his word and just gave him a slight smile and walked away to my next class.

Scarlett's POV

Jennifer was beside me eating her healthy salad bowl, while I was chowing down on a piece of chocolate. Suzanne was coming up behind us with her usual cafeteria food.

"Again?" Asked Jenn and I.

"You say that every lunch." She half laughs.

I begin to eat the rest of my food when I feel tight arms around my neck and shoulder. I turn around to see Brent, and I give him a quick kiss on the cheek. He sits down beside me, and Suzanne and Jenn begin to whisper.

"Oooh." Suzanne finally says aloud.

I blush, as Brent does too. My hands are in my lap, because I can't eat anymore. Jennifer begins to grab some of my food that she likes and eats it. Brent grabs my hands under the table.

"I was wondering if you could go on a date with me tonight." He says in a slow soft voice.

I hear more whispering from the girls.

"I'd love to, but I have to tutor Jack." It wasn't exactly a lie, but I hadn't gotten use to Brent being my boyfriend.

"I already took care of that." He smiles. I give him a slight smile back and turn away. I wasn't really ready for a date with him.

"Um, sure." I say.

"Good. It's a date." He says as he drops my hands, kisses me on the forehead, and leaves.

"What was that all about?' Asked Jenn.

"Uh- nothing." I say just as the bell rings saving me from explanation.

I run to my last class, and see Jack standing by his locker. I decide to go up to him and talk to him about tonight, and me not being able to tutor him.

As I walk up, he sees me and starts to walk away. I grab him by his hand and stop him.

"Jack." I say.

"Get away from me. I already know abut your stupid date." He says. It hurts me.

"It's not stupid." I slightly yell back to him.

"You don't have to tutor me anymore, I'll just drop out anyway." He says starting to break free from my arm.

I should be happy that I don't have to tutor my ex, but I'm not. I can't do that to him, even if he was my ex. If he needs the grade, I should help him.

"Jack, change of plans. I can actually tutor you tonight." I say, the words slipping out of my mouth.

He turns around and looks at me with an innocent look and then walks away.

_______________

My bookbag was over one of my shoulders, filled with all of the statistics books from previous years. I was standing outside of Jack's door. I knocked on the door, and no one answered, so I knocked once more.

"What are you here for?' Asked Jane, his little sister.

"I'm here to tutor Jack." I say in a sweet voice.

"Oh. JAAAAAAAAAAAACK. YOUR STUPID EX IS HERE." She says loudly. She's not really fond of me. He comes running to the door. It looks like he had showered and changed from when we last saw each other.

"Come in." He says.

I smile at him and bring the heavy book bag, that was on my shoulder, to his kitchen floor.

"I thought you were kidding earlier when you said you would tutor me." He said quietly.

"No." I said shyly.

I began unpacking my bag full of statistics books, and lay them out on the table. He sat down at the table beside me and pushed his hair back. I looked up at him while he was reading the page. But I got distracted as my phone began to vibrate.

I took the phone out of my pocket, and looked at it.

From Brent

Ready babe?

I ignored his message and began to tutor Jack, my ex.