Chapter 7

//Scarlet\\
We had just finished setting up at the hotel we'd be staying at. I'd be rooming alone, once again. I was a bit sad this time, I had kinda hoped I'd be rooming with Hope, or Kel, or Moe or someone. But it's fine, all of them are literally across the hall. While everyone else was settling in, I had put on my gray track jacket, my black tank top, black tight fit training pants, and matching Nike tennis shoes. I was juggling my silver and black soccer ball on my right foot. I had never really wanted to come to North Korea, but now that I'm here it's not that bad. It's pretty interesting. I kicked it into the sand bay, then jogged over and began to simply kick it around.

"Not even here an hour and you're already out here with a ball." A voice called out to me, chuckling softly. I turned to face Hope, smiling slightly as I kicked the ball at her. She caught it, then dropped it to her foot and kicked it back. It bounced on off my chest and I kneed it before catching it.

"Yeah, figured I'd do a little sight seeing while we still have free time." I said, glancing out at the waters. She walked over, also looking out.

"Ever been to North Korea?" I asked her, as I sat down in the sand.

"Nope. I was kinda scared honestly. Never really felt all too safe in this area." Hope replied, sitting down beside me. I gave a soft laugh, tossing the ball over to her, which she caught.

"Well, you don't gotta worry. Not only do you have a team of super strong girls, but you also got a friend right here that can handle almost any situation." I chuckled, giving her a playful elbow before I leaned back on them, shaking my long hair out to get it off my shoulders and my bangs out of my eyes.

"Hey, I never asked you. How'd you get that scar across your eye?" She asked, and just then my cheeks grew red. I lifted a hand to my left eye, where the scar she had indicated lay. I knew now, I had to tell her.

"Um... Well. I guess, when I was 16. I was dating this guy named Lance. We had dated until I was 18. At some point, he had gone out with his friends and had asked me to come drive him home. So I did. In the end, he ended up forcing me into a crash, because I wouldn't kiss him..." I mumbled the last part, looking down at my hands as I fumbled my thumbs.

"He what?! He forced you to-" She was cut off by voices calling from behind us, I was slightly relieved that it stopped me from having to explain further. I glanced behind us, my eyes widening as multiple Korean officers came and were rushing to approach us. Hope and I both stood, then out of nowhere one of the men grabbed me by the collar of my jacket and threw me into the sand, violently forcing my hands behind my back.

"Hey! Ouch! What the hell?!" I yelped, feeling my shoulders pop at the force.

"Hey what are you doing!?!" Hope yelled, and I turned my head as I watched her shove one of the officers.

"We are putting Ms. Jade under arrest and taking her into custody before she starts a fight with any of our citizens here." One of the officers said, and I huffed.

"Seriously?! That wasn't even my- OW!" I yelped once again, as the officer holding me down pushed down on my arms, and I felt my shoulders pop again.

"You can't do that!! She has done absolutely nothing wrong and you can't just arrest her for sitting there!" Hope yelled angrily, trying to push the officer off of me.

"Yes we can. And we will. Now step back Ms. Solo. Ms. Jade you are under arrest." The man holding me down said, then lifted me from the sand. I tried to shake from his grip, but one of the officers took out their baton and smacked me harshly in the stomach with it.

"GAH!" I let out, crumpling to my knees as the pain stung through my abdomen. I was then pulled to my feet and forced into the back of a cop car, and I watched as Hope stood there. Completely shocked.

//Hope\\
I watched wide eyed as the Korean officers drove off with Jade in the back of their car. Not only had they just falsely arrested her, but they hit her too. I clenched my fists before I sprinted back for the hotel. Everyone was gathered in the dining hall, and as I busted through the doors everyone drew their attention to me.

"Scarlet just got arrested." I said loudly, and everyone began to run at me, asking "What? How? When? Why?" And all I could do was wait for everyone to calm down before I explained.