Chapter 24

I got some juicy things about to happen, so let's just get right into the chapter. Hope you enjoy!

It has been 5 days since the incident with Kelley and her new love interest. 5 days for the girls to simmer down, regain their peace of mind, and just, well. Relax. Morgan was all better now, with only a little soreness left from the building collapse. Julie had her middle and ring finger taped, and would be fine, with only the pale blue discoloration left behind. Same with Tobin, a little hint of the bruising to be left behind. For Carli, she had healed almost the day after being elbowed. Jade, was doing fine as well. She was getting around fine on crutches, and even then usually refused to use them. However, everyone knew she was still in pain. Maybe more mentally now then physically. Because not only now did Kelley not bother hiding the fact she was ignoring the forward, but she didn't bother hiding her hatred either.

Kelley's P.O.V
I sit at the juice bar, giggling at Lance as he tosses blueberries into the air and catches them in his mouth. I can't help but glance around, feeling the slightest bit of loneliness at the lack of seeing my friends. However, it's okay. I enjoy being around Lance more, and I really did NOT want to see Jade.... Okay, that's a big ass lie. Truth was, I wanted to see her the most. I wanted to know how she was recovering, hear her voice again. Exchange stupid puns and simply enjoy eachother's presence... But no. I had lied so deeply to myself that I hated her, that I began to believe it. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Lance places his hand on mine, that smile of his that makes my heart flutter... But also gets my mind to ponder... "You alright babe? You don't look so well." His voice is deep, husky, yet soothing. "Yeah, I'm-" I begin to speak, but as I feel his cool finger tips trail down the bare skin of my neck, I shiver, as goosebumps form on my arms. "Fine...." I finish, glancing at him, as an odd smirk grows on his face. One a young boy would wear when he successfully pranked his younger sister. "Want to go lay down?" He'd offer, and I'd simply smile and nod before standing. Just as we begin to exit, some of the girls walk in. Tobin on the left, Jade in the middle, Alex on the right. As we pass, I can't help but look back, making eye contact with Jade even though the other two appear to be refusing. God I messed up. Just as I'm about to keep walking, I find myself stopping, as the other three do the same. They're not giving me a cold glare yet. Maybe I can ask Jade how she's feeling now? "J-Jade, how're you recovering?" I begin to ask, my soft voice beginning to come out, but I quickly replace it with my cold annoyed tone when Lance's hand locks with mine. "Fine, I suppose." She replies, appearing to be suspicious of me. I feel his fingers flex, and I almost immediately change, forgetting for an instant why I cared. I give a sarcastic laugh, rolling my eyes. "Too bad you didn't stay down longer." I spat, giving a devilish smirk before I turn to Lance, standing on my tip toes, before placing the deepest kiss on his lips I can produce. I can sense the tension begin to stir as I stand normally, giving the three a smirk before wrapping my arms around my boyfriend's arm, and we continue to walk towards the elevator.

After a while, I get back to my room, Lance gone out to return to work for the day. I lay on my back in the bed, staring at the ceiling as I remember how I acted downstairs. One moment, I feel like myself. Missing my friends. Wanting to know they're okay. But it's like, as soon as Lance comes into the picture, everything changes... Is this how love is suppose to feel? My phone vibrates, snapping me out of my trance. When I glance at the screen, a see a text from Alex, to us girls. "Hey! Plan for tonight is to meet up at the hotel bar. All of us. Things have been a little on edge lately, so let's just try to come together as friends, have a couple of drinks, and just enjoy our night." I take a deep breath, and I honestly can't say no. Hell, it's alcohol. With my friends. Duh. I quickly reply back, "I'm in." And click send, waiting to see what everyone else says. Julie is the first to reply other then me, then Carli, then Hope, Tobin, then Jade. Seems as though Alex's plan worked.... Now just to hope I don't ruin anything... And I can hopefully bring myself to apologize for how I've been acting.