Welcoming

Maxon's POV: it's two hours before the girls get here. Everyone's telling me not to be nervous, that if anyone should be nervous it's the girls. Personally, I don't understand that. If this doesn't work out for them they get to leave and have another shot at love. I, however, do not get that privilege. Amongst these 35 girls I'm expected to find my wife. I look through the pictures, trying to memorise all the names. Marlee Themes, 4, beautiful eyes. Kriss Ambers, 3, she looks so regal. Celeste Newman, 2, powerful. As I'm skimming over the rest one girl catches my eye, Natalie, she's gorgeous. I put her picture to the back and then I see her, America Singer, 5, she looks happy, in love even. "Prince Maxon, there here." Says my maid, Lizzie. "Thank you I will attend to them at once."

America's POV: All the girls around me look so nervous. We've just been told the prince will be with us shortly. I honestly don't care if he sends me home. My family have already received a hearty sum of money. At least enough to keep them going for a month of two. Then I see him. He's handsome, I'll at least give him that. "Ladies," he says "tomorrow, I will have one on one time with each of you. Tonight just settle in, after all, for one of you, in a matter of months you will be living here full time!" He smiled as he said this but I could tell he was nervous. A maid opened a grand oak door and told us our dinner awaited. I was sitting beside a girl called Marlee, I could already tell I had a friend in her, on my other side was a girl called Elise. She was not unpleasant to me. But she was in no way welcoming either.

Maxon's POV: I went to my room quickly but could not sleep so I decided to take a walk. As I walked downstairs I heard shouting so went to go check it out. I saw one of the selected, I believe her name was Kriss, crying and yelling at one of the guards "I just want to go outside!" She yelled.
"Let her!" I told the guard. "I will go with her."
But your majesty..." He tried to talk me out of it. I walked outside with the girl. "What was that about?" I asked her.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I just got overwhelmed, please forgive me your Majesty." She stammered, curtsying. I let out I slight laugh.
"It's quite alright." We walked around and talked, but the majority of the time was spent with her complimenting me. Just before we went back in I said to her, "Kriss, please don't mention this to the others, we don't formally meet until tomorrow."

America's POV: That night I met my maids for the first time: Lucy, Mary and Anne. I sunk into the bed and, to my surprised, quickly fell asleep. Ready for the next day.