Hold Up

Can't you see there's no other man above you?
What a wicked way to treat the girl that loves you.
Hold up, they don't love you like I love you...

"Hey, you wanna get some lunch after this press conference since Ari is with my parents?" Odell questioned as Demi finished fixing his tie. It was mid season so they had a press conference to attend. Demi technically didn't have to go, and she really didn't want to either, but Odell begged her to and she couldn't say no. He was still her husband. They were together for better and for worse. So even if they were experiencing the worse, Demi felt as if she still needed to stand by him no matter what, even if he could barely do the same for her.

"If you don't have anything to do afterwards. I don't wanna mess with your plans or anything," Demi replied as she stepped away from him. Another reason why she didn't want to go to the press conference was because she hated the cameras. Since marrying Odell, she hadn't been in front of the cameras as much as she usually was. Sure, she got ambushed by paparazzi and was caught cringing on red carpets, but it wasn't like it used to be. Her body wasn't the same as it used to be. She wasn't the same as she used to be.

"You never interfere with my plans, baby. It'll be good to have some us time, won't it?" Odell cooed, briefly pecking her cheek as she nodded with a small smile on her face. Because maybe this was Odell's way of turning over a new leaf. Maybe he had noticed how much he had been neglecting his duties as a husband and a father and he wanted to turn things around. Maybe things would be better now. Maybe.

"I promise I'm only gonna take a few questions. Thirty minutes top, baby. Then I'm all yours," he promised.

"What is this for again?" She questioned as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Just stuff about the current season and what's gonna happen next season. My contract isn't gonna last forever, ya know? I gotta start looking at my options."

"Odell Beckham Junior. You know just as well as I do that you're one of the best players out there. And if you do get signed to a new team, I will be right there with you, okay?" She reassured him as he smiled down at her. Before every game, every press conference, and every event, Demi gave him one of her little motivational pep talks. Even though they were cheesy and half the time he didn't think she knew what she was talking about, he loved them anyways because it was good to know that his woman was always standing by him and holding him down.

"I love you baby," he said as he kissed her on the lips before walking out to the table. The cameras flashed like crazy and she watched her husband transform from the goofy, caring guy that she had grown to love into the self obsessed pro athlete that she had come to hate.

"Girl, you are so lucky." Demi turned and saw the woman standing next to her with a clipboard in her hands. She was extremely pretty and Demi curled into herself a little bit as she took her in. The woman had curly black hair that cascaded all the way down to the middle of her back. She wore glasses but they didn't make her look like she had a lazy eye like Demi often did when she wore hers. Not only that, but she was petite. The baby pink dress she was wearing fit her body like a second skin, hugging every curve and accentuating her in the best way possible. For the past few months, Demi had concealed herself in loose clothes. Even today she was wearing a flowing summer dress that made her look like a shapeless pig in comparison to the woman standing next to her.

"Yeah...I guess I am."

"You are. Most women would kill for a guy like him. I'm Macy, by the way. I'm his new publicist. You must be his wife, Demi," Macy said as she held out her hand. Demi raised her eyebrow as she shook it because Odell had never mentioned anything about a new publicist.