Sandcastles

Pictures snatched out the frame
Bitch I scratched out your name and your face
What is it about you that I can't erase?

"Where we going?" Ariana questioned as Odell carried her through the halls of his manager's office building.

"Remember I said I have to go to a very important meeting? And you have to be good or else we won't get milkshakes afterwards," Odell said as Ari nodded before plopping her head down on his chest.

Fatherhood was hard. After two weeks of Demi being on bed rest, that was what Odell had realized. It was hard being a father. It was hard being the primary caregiver to a little two year old who was learning how to say full sentences and exercising an attitude that he didn't know she had. It was hard putting his needs aside to cater to hers, dragging her around with him while did errands, and trying to get her to go to sleep at night when she didn't want to. Fatherhood was hard. And now he had a whole new appreciation for what Demi did all day while he was off cheating on her and focusing on his career.

Before Demi could wake up, Odell was up because for some odd reason, Ari was an early riser. It didn't matter that she didn't go to sleep until at least ten o clock. She was up exactly at seven and Demi wasn't. So Odell had to be.

Before she could even come out of her room Odell was picking her up and taking her to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She explained to him that that's what she did with Demi every morning so he couldn't mess up their routine. After that he had helped her pick out her clothes for the day, even though he wasn't much help because apparently she couldn't wear a purple top with a pink skirt. How was he supposed to know that?

Finally, after all of that, he got her downstairs to eat whatever breakfast she requested. It was usually French toast sticks, and Odell knew Demi would cuss him out if she found out he was feeding her French toast sticks every morning, but he didn't have the heart to say no to his daughter. After they were all finished with breakfast and he got her cleaned up, again, they went upstairs to see Demi and bring her breakfast. He let Ari stay goodbye with the promise to be good before he was carrying her out the door and buckling her into his not very child friendly sports car. And now they were at his meeting and he was praying that Ari would be good.

"Ari, are you gonna be good?" Odell asked as Ari nodded her head while playing with his beard.

"I promise," she whispered as they entered the conference room. Everyone was surprised when they saw Ari in Odell's arms but didn't say anything. No one was used to him having his daughter while Demi wasn't around. Usually if Ari was with him, it meant Demi was with him too.

"Uh, you good to go Odell?" His manager questioned as Odell nodded and sat down. He sat Ari down in the chair next to him and got her situated with the mini iPad with the matching Beats that he had picked up for her. Demi had objected but she wasn't the one who had to drag her all over the city all day since she was on bed rest. It was the only way to keep her entertained.

"I'm good to go," Odell responded after Ari was all situated. Macy was there but he refused to make eye contact with her. Macy was on the other side of Ariana and she tried to make eye contact with him to greet him, but he ignored her. His main focus was fixing his marriage and he wasn't about to get involved with Macy again.

"Okay so let's begin." Odell really did try to focus. He tried to listen to whatever his manager was going on and on about but he just couldn't. How was he supposed to focus on his career when his life was falling apart at the seams? He had been cheating on his pregnant wife for the past six months. He was just now realizing that he didn't actually spend as much time with his daughter as he thought he did. He wasn't even allowed to sleep in his own bed because he had cheated on his wife. He could care less about his career. He wanted his life to go back to normal, he wanted things to be fixed.