Chapter 25: A good brother

Continued from last chapter :)

I look into her teary eyes.

"W-what did they do to you?" I say, a little lost for words.

I kneel down next to her and stare at her bloody arms.

"Come on, I've got to get you up" I say as I pick up Julie's fragile body.

She hisses a bit in pain as I lift her.

I stop and just sit her back on her bottom on the cold floor.

"I know it's too much pain to stand so...let me just clean you up okay?" I say with a smile.

Yeah... I was smiling but only for Julie. In the inside I was mad as hell and I wanted to chase after those girls and kill them.

How could they do that to someone so peaceful and caring. Julie hasn't done a thing to anyone.

I grab a few band aids out of my back pocket and get some wet paper towel.

After I'm done with all that, I finally get her up.

"Thank you Ray, I really appreciate it" she says softly, her voice going in and out.

"Looks like you've lost your voice" I say while chuckling.

She gives a swift nod.

"Ya know..sometimes you can be more of a big brother than Craig" she says seriously.

"Hey, he's a pretty good big brother though..everyone has there flaws right?" I ask while raising my eyebrow.

"Hmmm...I guess" she says while fiddling with her fingers.

I lead her out of the bathroom and we begin walking down the hall but not towards the cafeteria.

I was taking her to the principal to tell her about those girls.

She begin to catch on to where I was taking her and her eyes got big.

"No no no!" She says trying to raise her voice but her loss of voice takes away from that.

"Julie we have to let someone he-"

"No! Do you know what they'll do to me? Heather will come back with more of them and beat me even more" she says quickly.

Heather was the cause of this? I knew she was a bit mean but I didn't think she would go that low.

"Heather?..Julie how long has this been happening?" I say with concern.

"A while Ray and I really don't need more on me since mom died..I don't" she says teary eyed.

Mom died? When? What is she talking about?

"Julie what the hell are you talking about?" I say, my heart pounding fast.

"So he didn't tell you either huh?...how pathetic" she says, hurt all over her face and her voice cracking.

"Tell me you're like Julie...tell me this is just a joke" I said while tears escape my eyes.

Julie's mom, Claire Martinez had been my favorite lady. She was so whole hearted and peaceful, just like Julie.

Claire treated me like one of her own. Whenever I came over to stay the night, she would always tell me to make myself at home.

And that was my home.

Claire always gave off the vibe of comfort, she knew how to make you never want to leave her home.