Chapter 23: Truck Ride (part 2)

(Claire)- " What do you see in him?" she scoffs

(y/n)- " I see a Man, a very strong- funny man" I tilt my head down, I didn't want Claire looking at me blush, thinking about Owen.

(Claire)- " Him?- He's so immature, Wasted a day with that guy"

(y/n)- " What do you mean?"

(Claire)- " I Went on a date with him" Owen went on a date with Claire?! She was the boring woman.?!

(y/n)- " He didn't tell me- it was you"

(Claire)-  "Hmm, well."

(y/n)- " was it the board shorts?"

(Claire)- " It was the board shorts" she clicks on the tablet to see whats going on. Board shorts or not, I would have laughed if someone came in them.

(y/n)- " Can I see what's going on?"  Claire scoots next to me and shares the screen. many screens of different views of whats going on. It was happening way to fast.

(Zach)- " Your boyfriend's a badass." I hear zach,I look to the side- zach and gray were through the small window looking at the tablet. I grin, and blush. Owens not my boyfriend- we just, kissed, it means nothing. I hope after all this is over- Owen and I- can be something. All this was getting me scared, I didn't want to upfront. I open the door-I need to get out.

(Claire)- " where're you going, it isn't safe"

(y/n)- " I'm going in the back" I slammed the door, I went to the back of the truck, opened the back doors, I jumped in- zach and gray backs were facing me- they were still looking over through to see the Tablet. I close the back doors, I sat next to gray.

(Gray)- " He's so cool?"  I chuckle at his response.

(Zach)- " Claire- is everything okay?"

(Claire) - "You guys are not gonna watch this. Keep the window closed." she slammed it shut. What the hell, I wanted to see, not really- kinda.

(Zach)- " Damn it, I wanted to see whats going on"

(gray)-  " Me too"

(y/n)- " Guys- I'm sure the plan is going good.Owen and the team got this handled- those raptors are smart animals."

(Gray)- " I guess you're right"

(y/n)- " Move over- I'll see what's going on" They make room for me to kneel at the window. I slide it as quietly as i can for Claire not to hear. I opened it enough to see the tablet over her shoulder. Sme screens went to a black and white screen. What is happening? On the corner screen I see something from afar- what is that? It came closer- like it was rushing towards it- it came so fast, the screen turned black and white. Was that teeth?!

(y/n)- " My God"  Claire heard me, she had shock in her eyes.

(y/n)- " Is everything okay- are they dying?"

(Gray)- " What- everyone's dead?" gray an zach squished me in between them.

(Claire)- " No, no, no. Everyone is fine." That was total bullshit.

((y/n) & Zach)- "Don't lie to him." zach and I looked at each other, we said the same thing.

(Claire)- " He's scared. It's okay to lie when people are scared."

(Y/n)- " Great advice Claire" I say with sarcasm

(Gray)- " I wanna go home" he said in a whimper

(Claire)- " oh gray, Sweetheart, you will, okay? I promise. Tomorrow you will be home, and your mother will never let me see you again."

Bang! Claire starts screaming so loud, I was startled.

(unknown)- " Get out of here! Go! They're coming!"

(y/n)- " Who's coming!?" I shout, whats happening!? The back doors behind us open. One of the soldiers tried to get inside the truck.

(y/n)- " Look out!" A velociraptor charge- attack the guy - yanking him out of the truck. I stuck my arms out to protecting the boys.

(Claire)- "Just hold on back there!" The truck begins to move, It ate him?! I thought the raptors were on our side!

As Claire drives the truck to safety, the doors were swinging opening.  I better close the doors. I moved away from the guys. The car was moving at a fast speed that it was hard to stand- my balance was way off.

(Zach)- " (Y/n) what are you doing!?"

(y/n)- " Closing the doors!"  I lost my balance and trip on one knee. I slowly crawl to the edge of the door- The truck hit a bump in the road, i fall flat - This is so uneasy. I got back to my kneels- I was about hand reach to get one of the doors.

(Gray)- " (y/n)! Raptor!" I look past the door, it was coming at an alarming speed.!  A speed bump makes me fall flat on my stomach- Head outside the truck. The velociraptor squeals- its charging in!

(y/n)- " Holy shit!" I pull myself back inside, The raptor jumps in- with its head growling and claws scrapping the floor. A speed bump makes it fall out tumbling- it got back to its feet. Zach and gray pull me in by my legs, I got back to them safe- sort of.

(Zach)- " There's another one!"

There's two charging after us.

(y/n)- " Claire! Drive faster!"

(Claire)- " Its going as fast as it can!"

(Gray)- " (y/n)! Here!" gray handed me a black meal rod- what the hell is this? I move it around to figure out what it is. It looks like a stun rod or something.

(zach)- " Turn it on!"

(y/n)- " I'm trying!" I pull ans twist to get this thing turned on, why isn't it working?!

(gray)- " There! Its on!" it extends out- with a humming kick to it. The velociraptor charged in almost getting inside the truck!

(zach)- " Now!" the three of us- struck the stun rod at the raptor making it shiver and vibrate. It collapsed on the ground- we drove away safely.  The two raptors escape into the woods- where are they going!?

(claire)- " Are you guys okay!?"

(y/n)- " Kind of! "

(zach)- " Did you see that!" 

(gray)- "I can't wait to tell Mom."

(claire)- "Please, no. Do not tell your mother about that, ever." Shes right- if my mom knew about this- she would freak.

(Gray)- " Owen!"

(zach)- " Owen!" his motorcycle engine can be heard coming in. Hes alive- hes okay!  He drives next to us- to talk to Claire.

(Owen)- " We gotta get indoors. Follow me."