Chapter One

They will know, They will come, and They will find...

The recording dissolves into static and unearthly sounds.

"What was that?"

"I... I'm not sure Entius."

"Ah, come on guys, it's probably just a prank or something, the sounds didn't even seem like they belong on Earth."

"Shut up Kane, like you're an expert on everything Earth."

"You're just jealous of my superior thought and intelligence, Entius."

"Boys! Put aside your stupid pride for once, and by the way Kane, your intelligence isn't to be envied."

"Sorry about that Katerina" mumbles Entius.

"Well, Katerina, I have you know-"

"At this point, no one cares but you Kane," Katerina interrupts, "Anyways, let's go guys."

Katerina swings around and starts walking back the way they came through the abandoned building to the exit. Before Kane and Entius start to follow her, they shoot a glare at each other.

"Boys! I swear..." Katerina scolds without looking back.

"Sorry!" they both yell.

Katerina chuckles as they quickly catch up and sighs, "I forgot we had let Kane drive."

"Damn straight you did, now get in before you have to walk home!"

Katerina shares a look with Entius, "Hmm, I'm thinking of walking home, how about you Entius?"

"I'd rather ride with Kane here than try to walk home from here."

"Thank you Entius! And I'm not that bad Katerina! Now get in!"

"Alright, alright, I'll get in, just don't kill me" Katerina states as she climbs into the car behind Entius.

"I won't!" Protests Kane as he pulls onto the street and starts the drive home.

"You might want to kill me if you look back here at this moment" replies Entius.

"What? Why Entius?" Kane asks while he looks in the rearview mirror to see Entius kissing Katerina quickly, "How many times do I have to say no lovey dovey stuff in my car?"

Katerina chuckles as she goes to reply, "Probably never enough to get through Entius head, but I don't see the problem, I'm enjoying it."

"Of course you don't see the problem, and I most certainly do not enjoy seeing you guys kissing, at least in my car I can try to  set some kind of rule! Or so I thought."

"Haha, I was never much good at following rules Kane, you should know that! That's how we became friends" retorts Entius.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Entius, I remember" laughs Kane.

"Sorry boys, to interrupt, but Kane, just drop me off at Entius's house then, okay?"

"Yeah sure, which should just be right around the corner anyways."

"Oh, by the way Entius, I'm staying the night, hope you don't mind."

"Not at all Katerina, sounds awesome to me, not like I have much choice in the matter anyways, haha."

Katerina chuckles, "Good, and you get a little bit of a choice, I just have a bigger vote than you."

Kane pulls up beside Entius' house, "Alright lovebirds, here we are, now out of my car!"

"Haha, thanks Kane! See you around later" Katerina responds as she hops out and starts walking up the drive with Entius catching up to her after he gets out of the car.

"Yep, see you both tomorrow! Don't forget about the homework!"

"Ugh, don't remind me Kane!" Entius moans.

The two go inside of the house as Kane pulls away and heads to his own home.