Chapter 8

A slamming door greets me as I wake, followed by a string of curses... undoubtedly about Sky. Cracking an eye open, I spy Entius's back facing me. I lay there staring as I realized how lucky we both were; he had a gun pointed at his head, and I, well, was lucky it only hit my leg. Which, by the way, still hurts like hell.

After a few minutes, I decide to break the silence, "Entius?"

He spins around on the stool, relief filling his face with the realization I'm awake.

"Thank the gods you're awake Erin," worry still in his voice, "Are you alright?"

I shift and grimace, pain lancing up from my leg, "Aside from my leg feeling like its in the depths of hell, I'm fine," somehow I crack a smile.

Suddenly I remember about Sky and I fear the worst, "Where is Ms. Shooty anyways?"

Entius stands and paces, not looking me in the eye, "She's taken care of currently... No worries about her."

Oh my god, do not tell me that he killed her. Where did he bury her, and why? She may have been able to help, and she'd be our only source of information. Even if she did try to kill Entius, and possibly me next, she doesn't deserve a death like this.

"No no no, she's not dead! Just currently tied down to a bed... which sounds kinda creepy now that I say it out loud..."

I open my mouth, but he's already answering, "I knocked her out with a frying pan after she shot you."

Okay, that was weird. He knew I was thinking about Sky possibly being dead, and then already answered my question before I spoke it. Maybe I gave a hint of my thoughts through my facial expressions?

"What? No, I thought you said it? Like, verbally hear you say it. Heck, even in pain, your face remains emotionless still."

Okay, so this was weird, like at the top of the list weird, but this new development made it weirder. I don't like this one bit.

I sigh choosing to ignore it, we still need to deal with Sky after all.

*Author*

Hey all! I know this was extremely short, and had a very long time of no updates, I apologize. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with this story and the direction I want to take it, so its going to take longer time than the others for updates. Apologies!!