"But don't shay yesh"

Chapter 83
{Zayn}
Vote for double update?

Zayn frowned in his sleep, turning onto his stomach with a soft grunt. He clutched the warm arm closer, nuzzling his nose in the mattress. A clanking sound interrupted his sleep and he raised his head tiredly. The noise didn't stop and he scowled, pulling away from Harry's arms. The older lad was sprawled on the small bed, legs tucked up and lips parted as he breathed in.

Zayn gently pushed Harry's arm away, sliding off the bed. He let Ziam and Ror sleep and walked out of the room barefoot. Niall often told him to wear slippers around the house, but it was so clean that Zayn never really bothered to do it. When he reached downstairs, the living room lights were off. Temporary fear gripped him until he noticed that the kitchen lights were open. Walking inside, he saw Louis stirring a spoon in a mug, probably it's content being that yuck thingy. Louis closed one of the open cabinets, slamming the door to hard. Zayn grimaced, walking forward. "You woke Jayn wup."

Spinning around, Louis frowned. "You shouldn't be awake, Zayn."

"But you woke Jayn up," Zayn protested, rubbing his eyes. He didn't feel like sleeping anymore. "What you doing?" He walked over to the stool and carefully climbed up, supporting himself on the counter.

"I made coffee," Louis said simply. Coffee, Zayn thought in his head, the word foreign to him. The yucky thing that tasted like yuck.

"Zayn, you should go sleep," Louis said with a sigh. Zayn shrugged, pushing his hair away from his face. "Jayn not shleepy." He turned to Louis curiously. "Why ish you awake?"

"I can't sleep either," Louis said, sipping his coffee. A content look crossed his features and he leaned back on the counter, across from Zayn. "Is Harry asleep?"

"He shleep on all Jayn'sh bed," Zayn said, pouting. Louis chuckled. "I'll make sure to send him back to his own bed."

Zayn titled his head. Harry had been mad at Louis and so had Liam. Niall was asleep and Harry promised they would never hurt him. Zayn nodded to himself in reassurance. Everything was fine. "Hawwy mad at you," he told Louis.

Louis sighed. "I know, everyone is."

"Why?" Zayn asked curiously, swinging his legs back and forth. Louis gave him a half smile. "I left without telling them."

Zayn frowned. Were they mad because of that? "But-but," Zayn mumbled, trying to come up with how that's mean. But then he remembered how worried they had been and he didn't say anything.

Louis finished his coffee and hopped on the island. Zayn frowned, shaking his head. "Mawia shays no jumping on countew."

Louis pouted and Zayn stared back at him. "Mawia shaid it."

After he made sure Louis jumped off, Zayn looked away to stifle a yawn. When he looked back, Louis was staring at him pointedly. "You should go to sleep, Zayn."

"But you not going to sleep?" Zayn asked stubbornly. Louis shook his head. "I'm older than you so I can stay awake."

Zayn frowned at that, shaking his head. "No."

Louis raised a challenging eyebrow. "I'm not?" He glanced at the clock. "You should really go now before Liam blows up again." He rolled his eyes and opened the freezer, pulling out a frozen box. "Now go, I'm hungry and going to eat lasagna. You're tired and are going to sleep."