Mo-mee

I could here Olivia crying again. She does that a lot. Elliot makes her happy though. He takes her places and hugs her lots.

"Liv," he says. "I can take care of you. Please, let me take care of you."

"El-"

"Olivia, if he hits you again, I'll kill that bastard! It's taking everything inside me not to! I'm really close to just telling Cragen and-"

"No!!"

Ugh. Olivia. Listen to him! He knows what he talks about, otay??

"Yes!" Elliot says again.

The thumping noise came back again. That happens a lot when Olivia yells or cries.

"Elliot please! Don't do that, I've worked so hard to get here!" No you didn't. You got out of bed and walked to sit somewhere else. "My job is my life! How am I supposed to do my job if every time I walk into the squadroom, everyone will look at me like I'm a victim?"

"They won't."

"They won't? Elliot, you're doing it right now. And you're my best friend. I got pregnant. And I need to protect my baby." A shadow covered the light.

"I know want to protect your baby. So please. Leave him. Joe is only going to hurt you. Just imagine what he'd do if one day he got mad at your kid!"

"I'm not doing this. He won't hurt this baby."

"Just like you keep saying he won't hurt you again?"

It was quiet for a little bit and then Olivia said some stuff about a doctor and if Elliot will go with her since Joe is a dick. Whatever that is. Maybe it's a jerk or something.

=

"I hate hospitals," says Olivia.

"You hate everything." Olivia and Elliot laughed. "So are you going to find out?"

"Find out what?"

"The gender. You're about six months along right? You can find out if you want."

"I know." Her hand covered her tummy. I learned those things before I dreamed about her singing to me like she does sometimes. "I might. I'm scared though. I knew I was pregnant from the beginning. I could've made an appointment and found out if the baby is healthy and gotten prenatal care and-"

"You were scared. It's okay. I have faith he or she is perfectly healthy."

"Faith? El, I ran out of faith a long time ago. And I still am scared."

"I know you are." Her hand moved so it got bright again. "And I've got enough faith for the both of us." The thumping slowed down.

I got tired and fell asleep again. But when I woke up, Olivia was crying and Elliot is hugging her. I mean us. Because we're one person I think since I live in her belly.

"Congratulations, Liv!"

"I'm gonna have a baby boy!"

I thought you cry when you get sad. You can be happy and cry too? Hm.

"You're going to be the best mommy he could ever ask for."

Mommy? I thought her name was Olivia. So what? She has two names? What do I call her though? O-liv-ee-aa. Mo-mee. Mommy. It's easier.