Chapter I

||Sakura||

I halted in front of the woods. I was supposed to be used to this, which I was but there was always a part of me that feared the place. I gave myself a brave nod and entered the deep endless path towards Grandmother's house. I was told not to go alone, but Mother was occupied with her work in the bakery and my friends said that they were busy - or maybe they didn't dare to come along. Either way,  I didn't need the company anyways.

I hurried along the path hastily as my feet padded over the dead leaves and twigs. The woods were enveloped by darkness and I assured myself that everything was all right. The woods was not that bad, actually. Except for one thing - the legends of the Big Bad Wolf. Well, it was rather silly for parents to read the 'Little Red Riding Hood' story to their children just to caution them about strangers or something but, the legends we have in our village were different. It didn't terrify only the children, but the adults too. I wasn't affected though, because I had walked through the woods for years and hadn't seen a single wolf.

My face lit up when I saw light from the opening that revealed a cottage—Grandmother's house. It was lightened up by the beautiful rays of sunlight that shone on it. The surroundings of the cottage was breathtaking. I could see why Grandmother refused to leave the place.

I knocked on the door and took a step back when it opened.

"Sakura? What are you doing here?" Grandmother inquired, her voice hoarse. I smiled and went into the house.

"I came to visit you. I heard that you were sick and I was worried," I replied. She closed the door and smiled warmly.

"Thank you for worrying. However, you shouldn't come alone, Sakura. Remember the legends - "

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. The Big Bad Wolf and those whatever stupid tales and legends. Come on Grandma, how long have you lived here?"

She frowned. "Did Mebuki know about this?"

I laughed nervously and scratched my head. "N-No. I didn't tell Mother."

"Oh dear. Then it'll be best if you don't say anything in case she didn't know you're coming here," she said as I handed her the basket I was carrying.

"I won't, Grandmother," I assured. She nodded and coughed abruptly. I patted her back and guided her to her bed while settling the basket on the table.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.

"You better get going. Mebuki might be wondering where you are."

"Okay. Take care of yourself,"I said and left. As I was about halfway through the woods, I heard rustling noises within the trees. I averted my gaze to the source of the noise. More movement sounds. I gulped as I walked closer to the trees. Then suddenly something jumped out and stared at me. I widened my eyes on the animal that I was seeing; a wolf.

||Sasuke||

What's this human doing here? I thought humans stopped coming to this place. I narrowed my eyes at her and a low growl escaped my mouth, warning her to go away. She didn't look scared;she looked surprised. But then a soft whimper came out of her mouth. She trembled in fear as I took a step forward. I was maneuvering to change to my human form so that I could ask her some questions but, I couldn't. She might tell her friends about us. We, as werewolves, don't eat humans. At least not anymore. Now our main source of food were rabbits. After all, we have the ability to change into humans and for humans to eat humans... But I was afraid that she would tell her kind that there were actually wolves in the woods and, they might try killing us. It wouldn't hurt to eat a human for once, right? But then again, after staring at her for what seemed like eternity, I realised she was really pretty. Her peridot eyes were staring at me, her pink lips trembling. Her unusual locks of pink hair hung freely. Her silky smooth skin was so tempting... It would be a waste to eat such a beautiful woman. Damn the lack of women contact. She shrieked as I moved closer to her. However she did not flinch or run away. I was rather surprised at her bravery. I gave her one last warning; a fierce growl. She seemed to have received the gesture and shuffled away. I sighed and transformed into my human form.