Chapter VI

||Sasuke||

  I stood up and began to head toward the village. Sakura followed suit.

  "S-Sasuke-kun?" she questioned.

  "You're really annoying, you know that?" I glanced at her to catch her reaction. She looked offended.

  "W-What?!" she folded her arms.

  "Shut up, come on," I said and walked towards the village. I told her to stand back as I entered with villagers looking at me as if I am a beast. Well, indeed I am.

  I inhaled deeply and howled. It's the signal of "retreat". The werewolves near me darted their eyes toward me with a questioning look, but listened and retreated. I shot Sakura a glance before disappearing into the woods with my pack.

||Sakura||

Sasuke gave me a look before running off with his pack. The werewolf thing was a lot to take in, but in the end, Sasuke was still the Sasuke I know. Even as a werewolf, he was forever that kind. He was wonderful. And I... Well, I...

  I what?

  I shook my head, my thoughts disappearing. I quickly ran back home to check if Mother was okay.

  I swung open the door and saw Mother sleeping on the coach. I heaved a sigh of relief. I went upstairs and gazed out the window. The blue sky was oddly beautiful today. The clouds formed a duckbutt shape. I laughed as I thought of Sasuke.

||Sasuke||

  "What the hell, Teme?" Naruto chided.

  "Yeah, what were you thinking? Why retreat halfway?" Kiba added. The other members looked at me, waiting for a logical answer.

  "I..." I avoided their eyes.

  "Well?"

  "I... don't know."

  Naruto stopped. The others stopped too. I stopped.

  "What in the Alpha?" Naruto said.

  "Yeah, I know. I don't know what has gotten into me." I sighed.

  "Are you okay?" Strangely enough Naruto didn't sound angry. He sounded worried, rather. I sighed.

  "Sure. I just don't understand what's going on in my mind. I'm supposed to be a cold-hearted, ruthless werewolf, worthy enough to be a good alpha and worthy enough to take over Neji and Aniki. But no, I have failed them. I got soft. I didn't want to kill." I closed my eyes and clenched my fists. "Naruto, why don't you take over me?"

  Silence.

  When I turned around to look at him and I received a punch that sent me flying backwards and crashing into a tree. I writhed in agony. Naruto grabbed me by my black hood aggressively.

  "Are you stupid, you Teme! What the actual Alpha had gotten into you? No matter what you do, you should know we will always support you. Yes, we are indeed disappointed that we weren't able to avenge Neji, but the Alpha role was given to you by Neji, and you are to forever stay as our leader! Do you hear me you piece of sh*t?!" he shouted. It was so loud it sent my eardrums ringing.

  I couldn't say anything but to stare blankly into his crystal blue eyes.

||Naruto||

  Something happened, and I didn't know what. Sasuke had been hiding something, and it seemed like he didn't want to tell us. Judging by how he looked, how he had been behaving, how his expressions got more obvious, Sasuke definitely changed. I wouldn't say that it's bad, but it wasn't good either. He was turning soft, although I knew deep down he was a kind hearted person, just that he couldn't show it. But because of something, he became more obvious to read, his poker face started to turn into smiles, and I noticed, whenever he stared into the sky he looked contented about something. It was as if he was thinking about someone. It was as if...

  "Teme, are you perhaps... In love with a human?" the words just slipped out of my mind as I released him from my grip. The others looked at me. He stared at me with wide, surprised eyes. They were saying "how do you know?" I guess I can be smart at times.

  "Where did you get that idea?" he inquired.

  "Are you?" I repeated. He bit his lip. His bottom lip bleeded due to the sharp teeth.

  "I don't know what to say to that... I don't know."

  "So you are!"

  "Like I've said, I don't know myself. I'm never sure of how I feel. I never thought I would even feel anything from the start," he turned away, looking so sad and miserable to the point where I wanted to punch him again and tell him to snap out of it. Sasuke, the teme I know who always hid behind that poker face mask he had, was now looking like a lost puppy.

||Sasuke||

  "It's love, it's youth!" Lee chipped in and grinned, patting me hard on the shoulder. His eyes were shining for some reason and his smile was definitely not making me feel any better.

  "Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow.

  "Anyway, mind explaining to us what the Alpha is going on?" Kiba growled. I sighed in defeat and began, "so one fine day, the sun was bright, the birds were singing, flowers were blooming—"

  "Get to the damn point!" Naruto yelled.

  "Fine. So I met this human girl named Sakura in the woods—"

  "A girl in the woods?"

  "Yes, a girl in the woods. From that village we just attacked. Her grandmother's house is apparently in the woods, and Sakura would always go visit her grandmother. So it just so happened to be that day where we met. I was in my wolf form, and she was just standing there, terrified that I would eat her up. I just growled at her to scare her off, and she did run away. After that I returned back to our territory, and later I mentioned that I'm going to go out for a walk. That was when I found her lying on the cold ground near the place we met. She probably fainted at the sight of seeing a wolf for the first time. So I carried her to her village and settled her at the entrance, hiding in the bushes as I watched the villagers coming to her. She woke up very soon and didn't tell them about me, which made me surprised," I paused.

  "So there are actually nice humans, huh," Naruto said.

  "Or they're just stupid," Kiba added.

  "She isn't stupid. She is more than just nice, she is beautiful, she is amazing, she is adorable, and I can give you more compliments about her all day—"

  "Okay, okay! Go on with the story, I don't want to hear you saying that, it gives me goosebumps." Naruto exaggerated a shiver.

  I cleared my throat. "So later I met her again in my human form and got to know her. Slowly we became friends, and started meeting up every dawn after she visited her grandmother and hung out until dusk. I don't know what they are, but I always felt something when I am with her. That feeling is warm, calming, but it sometimes can get painful. There is this feeling that clench my heart, and at the same time sent my heart racing."

  "Aye, that is love, that is youth!" Lee enthused, giving a thumbs up.

  "Love?" I questioned.

  "That is needless to say, love," Kiba agreed.

  "I... don't understand?"

  "You call me stupid, but are you actually denser than I am? Do you actually need me to tell you that you love her?" Naruto said impatiently. That was when I understood.

  I do love Sakura.

>>><<<

Congrats Sasgay, you Sherlock.

Okay, I love y'all so much, that I did my best making this chapter. It's not good enough, but I guess this is what I can do as a thirteen-year-old. Haha, pretty sure other people of my age can do better than me xD
I only wrote this chapter because of seeing people telling me to update, and I don't want to let y'all down, so here. It's not good (not like my other chapters are) but I guess... It's a chapter? Anyway that stupid dense idiot finally realized his feelings for Sakura. Now it's up to Sakura HAHA.
Okay sorry, I talk too much. Peace out.

(UNEDITED SORRY IM LAZY)

-Vicky