01

wonwoo scouted the apartment for anything else he could have possibly left. he even considered taking the gum wrapper that he threw under the sofa one day. he wanted to make sure there were no memories left of him, no reminders or anything. he wanted out of mingyu's life.

he checked the bedroom one last time and found that there was a polaroid of them sitting on the dresser. he walked to the dresser and picked up the polaroid. on the bottom of the polaroid was mingyu's scrawled handwriting and the date.

'first date with my one and only, 150529'

wonwoo took the polaroid with him.

he picked up his duffle bag and took one last good look around the apartment. there was nothing of him left except for that measly gum wrapper. wonwoo left it there. mingyu probably wouldn't notice anyways.

wonwoo left the apartment and took the stairs down knowing that mingyu would take the elevator to his place. mingyu would be home any minute now, and the last thing wonwoo wanted was running into the person he was leaving. he was done.

he didn't think that mingyu would be standing in the lobby waiting for the elevator, but he was. wonwoo tried to sneak around and avoid mingyu in the vast largeness of the lobby. he tried, but mingyu turned around anyways. he saw wonwoo try to leave, so he called his name out.

"wonwoo!"

wonwoo could hear mingyu run over to him.

"wonwoo, i'm sorry," mingyu turned the boy around and held onto his shoulders.

wonwoo was limp in mingyu's grasp. he wanted to fight out of mingyu's grip, but he couldn't. he met mingyu's gaze and held his solemn expression.

"you know i didn't mean to hurt you. you know i was just drunk," mingyu explained. "you were drunk too!"

wonwoo got out of mingyu's grip upon the words. he didn't want to remember the reason why he was leaving. the duffle bag on his shoulder fell to the ground, mingyu looking at it.

"where are you going?" mingyu slowly asked.

wonwoo looked away wordlessly and picked up the duffle bag, bringing tears to mingyu's eyes.

"wonwoo, you know i'm sorry, right? you know that i love you, right?"

wonwoo looked at mingyu and mentally denied his words. he didn't want a reason to stay. he started walking away, mingyu's voice echoing in the lobby.

"wonwoo!"

he turned around and looked at the tall boy.

"why are you doing this?"

"because i'm done,"