07

mingyu sighed to himself as he stared at the ceiling. he was so conflicted, so confused, but happy. he finally returned to sleeping in his bed, but only because wonwoo asked him to. he did everything wonwoo asked him to do. why? the answer was fairly simple: mingyu still loved wonwoo.

wonwoo found himself in mingyu's apartment frequently. he didn't know why, but he was just there. he liked seeing a smile on mingyu's face, but he knew that he couldn't be there. wonwoo had someone else, but mingyu didn't have to know that, not yet for that matter.

if there was one reason why wonwoo didn't want to be around mingyu, it was when he asked why. wonwoo hated when mingyu asked him why. if wonwoo was about to leave in the middle of the day at three in the afternoon, mingyu would ask him why, and wonwoo didn't want to answer. he didn't want to tell him why.

mingyu didn't know why he was asking either. he shouldn't be greedy to have wonwoo near him. he should have been grateful that wonwoo was no longer isolating mingyu, or that wonwoo hadn't seemingly disappeared. mingyu was grateful, and that was all that mattered.

"wonwoo," mingyu called out his name, the thin boy entering the living room where mingyu was sprawled out on the couch.

mingyu held his arms out for the boy and sat up, wonwoo hesitantly holding onto mingyu's hands. he sat down in between mingyu's outstretched legs, the flannel on mingyu's legs fluttering slightly as wonwoo pressed his back into mingyu's chest. mingyu rested his chin on wonwoo's shoulder and rubbed wonwoo's hands with his thumbs. this was exactly what mingyu missed: he missed the heat from wonwoo's body pressing into the skin on mingyu's hands and arms. he missed hugging the skinnier boy in his large arms, and he missed the small noises wonwoo would make when mingyu buried his nose in wonwoo's hair.

wonwoo missed the feeling as well, but he was also extremely uncomfortable. he was uncomfortable because mingyu didn't know about wonwoo and his new lover, and it would break both of their hearts if wonwoo just brought it up now. wonwoo slowly pushed away from mingyu and got up, his eyes downcast.

"wonwoo?" mingyu whispered. "what's wrong?"

"i have to go," wonwoo said quietly as he grabbed his things.

"why do you have to go?"

"because i'm sorry,"