03

everyday for a couple of months after wonwoo left, mingyu called wonwoo several times a day. all of those calls would go straight to wonwoo's answering machine, yet mingyu still tried. he tried because he hoped that maybe, just maybe, wonwoo would pick up.

wonwoo had no intention of picking up. it crossed his mind several times to block mingyu's number, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. he wanted to forgive mingyu; he still loved mingyu. he wanted to forgive him, but the fact that mingyu went out of his way to cheat on him was enough of a reason to not forgive him.

wonwoo made sure to go anywhere mingyu never went. he moved, not because of mingyu, but because he lost his other lease after spending so much time at mingyu's place. he managed to move all the way to the other side of town, a place mingyu would never go.

moving into his new place was difficult. he needed to call someone to help him. he hadn't eaten in days and he was too weak to carry anything himself. he meant to call minghao, but because of the many missed called of kim mingyu, he called mingyu.

"hello?" wonwoo whispered into the phone; he was carrying some boxes.

"wonwoo?"

that was not minghao's voice.

"wrong number," wonwoo tried to hang up, but the box in his hands prevented him from doing that.

"wonwoo! don't hang up, please. i want to talk,"

"we have nothing to talk about," wonwoo said after hesitating.

"no, please, listen. i'm sorry. i didn't mean to sleep with jihoon! i thought you were jihoon-"

"how the hell am i supposed to be that chibi freak?"

"we were drunk! if you were next to me instead of jihoon, i would've been with you! you know that jihoon has that thing for-"

"so now it's my fault,"

"no! wonwoo! please!"

"you have two minutes. i'm hanging up when i set this box down,"

"box? what box? what are you doing?"

"one minute and thirty seconds,"

"okay, okay, i just," wonwoo could hear mingyu exhale.

"you don't have to come back to me. i just want to know one thing,"

"what?"

"why did you leave?"

"because i hate you,"