06

wonwoo didn't know what to do. he was standing in front of mingyu's apartment, his palms cold and sweaty. his heart was racing as if he'd just sprinted from his end of the city to mingyu's end. he had sprinted from one end of the city to the other, but why?

he heard what happened from a mutual friend. mingyu locked himself in the house and refused to meet up with anyone. they said wonwoo was the only one to help mingyu again, but wonwoo didn't want to; he didn't know how to.

wonwoo honestly didn't have to come back to mingyu's apartment. he didn't have to feel bad for mingyu after mingyu slept with the other guy, but lingering feelings kept him from hating mingyu. he claimed to hate mingyu, but he truly didn't; he just missed him and that was all.

his hand trembled as he went to knock on the door, only to fall to his side. he couldn't bring himself to knock on the door. on one hand, he wanted to see the look on mingyu's face when he opened the door, but on the other hand, he was terrified of facing mingyu.

wonwoo ended up knocking on the door. he stood awkwardly in front of the door, his eyes staring at his shoes. there was a little mark on his shoes that he focused on. he focused on the mark so intently that he didn't hear when the door opened.

"wonwoo?" mingyu's voice was hoarse.

wonwoo looked up and saw mingyu. there was confusion written all over his face, but it immediately dissolved into sheer happiness. mingyu's cheeks had sunken in and the dark circles around his eyes were prominent. he looked miserable, and wonwoo couldn't help but flinch at the sight of him. mingyu reached out his hand and touched wonwoo's shoulder just to make sure it really was the boy he loved and not him hallucinating. mingyu inhaled sharply and pulled wonwoo in for a hug, his arms weakly wrapping around wonwoo's shoulders.

"wonwoo," mingyu breathed out; he sounded so relieved, so happy.

wonwoo stood limp in mingyu's arms. his mind went blank as soon as mingyu touched him. it was as if nothing mattered anymore now that mingyu was here. why did wonwoo still care for mingyu? why did he suddenly care so much about the boy he was supposed to hate?

mingyu led wonwoo into the apartment, wonwoo hesitantly sitting on the sofa mingyu now slept on. the apartment seemed to be exactly how wonwoo left it- there were no pictures of wonwoo and no reminders either; it was wonwoo-ridden. mingyu returned with a glass of water and set it down on the coffee table in front of wonwoo, mingyu sitting in the love seat adjacent to the sofa. wonwoo looked at mingyu only to direct his attention back to the glass of water.

"wonwoo," mingyu whispered.

wonwoo nodded. mingyu leaned side to side for a little before sitting up straight and speaking his mind.

"may i ask why?"

wonwoo knew what mingyu was talking about. he didn't know why. he wanted to know why too. maybe that was why he just said the first thing that came to his head.

"why did you come back?"

"because i miss you,"