Rude Awakening

Waking up the next morning, I was confused as to where I was. That was until I looked across from me at the sleeping Damon whom I had come home with last night. Best distraction so far, it almost pained me that I'd probably never see him after today.

I lay there in his bed for a while,  grinning as I traced patterns on his back before accidentally waking him up when I brushed his hair out his eyes.

"Morning," he grumbled in a deep melodic voice,  sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey, sorry for waking you."

"That's okay," he mumbled placing his head of my naked stomach before pulling me towards him and reclosing his eyes.

Not long after, I too fell asleep once more, a dreamless sleep for which I was grateful for. My dreams are usually filled with images of mom, dad, and Mike. Filled with the image of Elijah -my brother's killer. My thoughts were plagued with ways I could have saved him,  making me eternally miserable. So this blank state was nice. It was probably the best sleep I've had in a while.

I woke with a sigh to find Damon hovering over me, planting kisses all over my body. When he noticed his gentle assault had woken me, he smirked before continuing with what he had been doing before. It was pure torture, every time I thought that he would satisfy the hunger he had ignited, he stopped.

I couldn't hold back any more and pulled his face towards my own connecting his lips to mine. The feeling was addictive, and electric. As if wherever he touched me, literal sparks danced across my skin. He tried to deepen the kiss. I let him, causing him to groan.

Before things could get too steamy a high pitched scream was heard followed by a girl yelling, "Damon, what the hell! Bringing a girl over again! Next time close the damn door."

"Fuck," He swore under his breath before rolling off of me and covering us with a sheet. I sat back quietly, looking down, too embarrassed to say anything.

The blonde girl looked at me in shock before speaking, "Elena," she gasped.

What? Elena? Where had I heard that name before? I was about to ask Blondie who the hell she was talking about just as Damon spoke.

"Caroline, it's not what it looks like." He held his hands up in surrender as he said this,  looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Oh yeah Damon, " she sneered looking at me with disgust, "it looks like you're sleeping with your missing brother's girlfriend."

Just as I was about to ask her what the hell she was going on about, she held her hand up to silence me and spat at me with such hatred before storming off, "And you, I can't believe you'd do this to Stefan, Elena."

Before I knew it,  Damon had jumped out of bed and put a pair of boxers on, running after that -Caroline- girl. Confused as to who Elena was and why she had called me that, I had dressed in one of Damon's button up shirts and followed after him.

As I walked down the stairs towards the arguing voices I heard below me,  I pondered as to where I'd heard the name Elena before. I struck a blank.  Nothing had come to mind.

"Elena. Elena. Where have I heard that name before," I questioned aloud, taking my time as I neared the voices, not wanting to talk to that blonde girl again. Suddenly it hit me.

Elijah, he had called me Elena. Well, he said I couldn't be Elena. Was it the same Elena that Caroline was talking about? With new found determination, I all but ran towards the loud voices of Damon and Caroline.

They were in the kitchen and as soon as I entered, they had stopped talking. It was an awkward silence, nobody daring to speak. Damon's features relaxed as soon as he saw me but Caroline glared at me with as much hatred as she could muster. Jeez, what did I ever do to her?

"Caroline," Damon said, still looking at me, "This is Alexia."

A gasp was heard from Caroline,  "You mean... You mean-" she stuttered looking shocked.

I was so confused as to what was happening and stood there in silence before Damon spoke once more.

"Doppelgänger."