Chapter Twenty Nine

"Mark!" Callie caught up to him.

"Torres," he smiled. "You seem happy. Good night with my girl last night?"

"Yes," she smiled.

"Good," he said genuinely.

"Zona got an amazing stable rating today, so she can be left alone now," Callie said. "But I'd like to ask you a favor."

"Okay."

"Will you take her on a date tonight?"

"Who?" Mark asked, incredulous.

"Arizona!" Callie exclaimed. "Evans wants her spending more time with positive surgeons in her life."

He smiled, "Sure. I'll take her on a date."

"Thank you, Mark. Just be patient with her."

"I'd do anything for her, Cal."

"That's why I'm letting you go out with her, Mark. See you tonight." She pushed open the door and started down the stairs. The grin fell off of her face. She trusted Mark, and she wanted Zona to keep getting better, but she did not like the idea of him spending 'quality alone time' with her very vulnerable girlfriend. "Brave heart, Torres. Brave face."

Mark knocked on the door of their apartment after his shift. To his surprise, Arizona opened the door. "Hey Robbins."

"Mark," she said, her forced smile almost genuine enough to fool him. "Come in."

"Nah, I just dropped by to ask you a question," he said, picking up the nervousness in her voice.

She eyed him warily. "Okay."

He held up the tiger lilies he'd bought her. "Would you care to join me for dinner tonight? Around eight? Just us two?" All of the charm his body possessed was put forth.

"Oh, umm," she looked genuinely uncomfortable, taking the flowers from him. "Calliope..."

"Told me to ask you to dinner. She said that we need to spend some time together," Mark stopped her protest.

"Amor, go with Mark," Callie called.

"Gracias," Mark said in a very American accent. Callie and Arizona giggled. "So what'dya say, Blondie?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "You don't buy flowers."

"I do for you."

She remembered. He had bought her flowers on her birthday ever year. If they ever made date plans he showed up with flowers. He would randomly leave them in her apartment. She remembered the flowers. "You have to take me to a movie too."

Mark grinned. "There's my girl. See you tonight. Tell Torres the plans okay?"

Callie was waiting up for them when Arizona walked through the door. Laughter greeted her ears the moment before she heard the key in the lock. Her eyes saw green for just a moment. She wanted to be the one to bring that laughter out of Arizona. Her beautiful genuine laugh. The pit of jealousy in her heart over Mark grew deeper. She would always be jealous of their relationship. Always. She knew it was petty, but he had pieces of her girl that she wanted.

"Calliope?" Arizona asked, noticing the Latina sitting on the couch. "Why are you still awake?"

"I was waiting for you." Callie said with a smile, setting her book down.

"Oh, I'm not too late right?" the flash of disappointment and fear on Arizona's face was not missed.

"Not at all honey. Thanks for taking care of my girl, Mark," she said.

"Anytime. After the first three hours, she warms up a little," he joked, giving her a knowing look. Callie caught his meaning. Arizona had grown quiet and he hugged her goodnight.

Arizona walked over to the island and fingered the lilies in their vase. Callie got up and wrapped her arms around Arizona. She tensed, but Callie gave her the chance to relax. Then she kissed the nape of Arizona's neck. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes," Arizona said. "I did."

Callie smiled.

"But I missed you," Arizona made eye contact. She leaned in and kissed the Latina. Arizona sighed into the kiss.

"I missed you too."

"Okay. I think it's getting close to bedtime," Callie said, needing to talk to Arizona about the Penny and Whitney thing before her session tomorrow. She walked into their bedroom while Arizona turned out the lights. When the door clicked shut behind her, she closed her eyes. "Arizona, I have to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Devin called me today."

"Devin? What for?"

"Zona," Arizona looked up at her. She pulled Callie's hand and made her sit down on the bed. "Arizona, they found them today."

Arizona grew very still. "Oh."

"Yeah."

"I'll have to testify against them?"

"Yeah. There was something in the plan though, that I'm not so sure you know about." Callie chose her words very carefully. "You will have to see them in person and testify in front of them."

"No." She knew where this was going.

"Zona," Callie said, not knowing how to tell her love what will happen.

"I'm going to see them again," Arizona breathed. They kicked her in the stomach again and again. Her arms were chained to the walls, she couldn't protect herself. Blood, there was blood everywhere. It was spreading between her thighs onto the floor. It was coming out of her mouth. The taste was driving her mad, the pain driving her insane. Still they kicked her.

She looked up to Callie for conformation. "Yes," Calliope said quietly.