Chapter Forty One

Arizona was sitting in the living room waiting for Callie. She was ready, and surprised at how good she felt. It felt good to be in charge of her body again. She was in her favorite jeans and top, with tight boots up to her knees. The top covered the scar on her collarbone, but it left most of her back exposed.

Calliope had assured her that she looked perfect. She didn't feel sexy, but she felt good, comfortable. With her jacket on, no one could even see her back. Her makeup was fresh, the bruises and cuts had long since disappeared. She looked in the television and saw her reflection. It felt good to like it again.

Calliope opened the door and Arizona turned to look at her. "Oh my god," she breathed as the air left her lungs. She couldn't take her eyes off of her Calliope. She slowly stood, but couldn't do anymore. When she had left the room, Callie had been in jeans, but now she could see a fair bit of well-toned leg with feet encased in strappy heels. A slinky strapless black dress covered the rest of her. Her hair was straightened, resting on her bare shoulders.

"Zona," Callie called, waving her hand. "Are you okay?"

"I'm–great..."

"What's wrong?"

"You're beautiful," Arizona said, looking into Callie's eyes.

Callie grinned so that her cheeks hurt. "You're pretty beautiful yourself Arizona."

"No," Arizona said. "Not like you."

"If I could get within a mile of how gorgeous you are Arizona Robbins, I would be ecstatic," Callie said, not about to be out done. She walked over and placed a soft kiss on Zona's lips. "You're the kind of beautiful that I can't even describe."

Arizona sighed, "I wish I felt that way."

"You used to," Callie said. "You will again."

"My back..."

"Is part of you now," Callie said. "You're a survivor, Arizona. You are strong. And scars or no scars, you will always be drop dead gorgeous."

"Even when I'm old and wrinkled?"

Callie laughed. "I'll be right there telling that you are more beautiful than the day I met you."

Arizona was caught off guard by Callie's response. Did...Calliope just said she'd be there when I'm old. A knock on the door brought her thoughts to a halt. "Come in, Mark."

"Hello, how are my two favorite ladies?" he said. Then he did a double take. "Torres, that's umm, a lovely dress."

"Eyes off. That's mine," Arizona teases.

Callie walked out and they headed to the elevator. The Blonde was chewing her lip and Mark leaned over to whisper in her ear, "Stop worrying Robbins, you look gorgeous."

She smiled at him, "I'm not the same though, Mark."

"You're still Arizona."