Life is hard

Chapter one

now it was just us, me and my two younger brothers, Sodapop and Ponyboy. We were trying to get over their death, it wasn't easy, it still isn't but at least I still have them. We got to stay together as long as I cleaned the house, and pay bills. Other then that, we are free to do whatever we need to.

Sodapop or soda is 16 and good looking, he got our mothers good looks. He is supposed to be a junior at will Rogers high school, but when our parents died he dropped out saying how he wasn't good at anything other then auto mechanics. I scolded him for it but I let him go, we needed the money and he knew it.

My other brother Ponyboy, he is special, he don't think about what could happen if he is alone on the streets or when he is reading. After mom and dad died, well our relationship was broken. I have to be reasonable for him, not a easy task, cause when i graduated I couldn't go to collage because we couldn't afford it. It was ether collage or the house. I understood and started working extra hard. But Ponyboy doesn't get that I want the best for him.

The gang or the guys we call family. Steve Randal is a tough guy he is lean, and a car genus, as far as I knew he could do anything to our old pick up and have it running real smooth in a few hours. Two bit Matthews is the wisecracker of the bunch, he cannot stop telling jokes to save his life. He drinks a lot to. Not as bad as Steve's dad but still has pretty bad hangovers most Friday's. The next guys in our gang is Johnny Cade and Dallas Winston. Johnny is abused at home and comes over some nights at a time, we see him bruised, and some scrapes on him at times. I get really protective of these guys and too see them get hurt just about kills me. Dallas is the devil of the bunch and is 18 years of bad and cold hard hood. He got jailed when he was ten no questions asked. Though I know me and him were both close to dad. He just had a harder time letting on to anyone, he's never really around much but when he is I try to make him as comfortable as possible. He will sometimes come in carrying johnny in his arms. We all know Johnny is the only person Dally loves.

We stick together in a tough time, again am sor like a family, if we needed one of the guys, they show in less then an hour, if one of us got hurt, we'd make a game plan and head to the hospital. The only thing we did my know how to handle was Ponyboy. We never had much control over what he does when he's alone so it was no surprise When I was sitting at home and me and the gang heard the screams of our younger brother. "This kid is gonning to kill me." I mutter as I race out the door.