Screaming

Chapter two

Me and the gang ran around the side of a house and turned another corner, the gang saw him and chased the socs off. Socs is the abbreviation for socials. They jump us for fun and they have a lot more money then us. Their parents are Rich. It annoys anyone to have them in our side of town.

I ran down to check our baby brother out. He was breathing hard and looks like he was about to cry, but he was forcing back the tears. He always wanted to look tough but he just wasn't. He watched sunsets and reads a lot. It just ain't him. I heard the soda coming towards us. He sorta pushed me outta the way and kneeled beside pony. I though about what the state would say. Ugh this isn't going to look good if they find out. I heard sodas voice, "They ain't gonna hurt you no more." I heard soda say in that 'it's coming to be alright calm down voice.' He smiled his award winning smile and pony smiled back. No one can resist sodas charm. "Your crazy soda out of your mind." Pony said still smiling and grinning. I looked between the two. "Your both nuts." Soda turned his grinning face to me and said. "Seems to run in this family."  I had to grin at that. We were all silent for a minute then ponyboy broke the silence. "I didn't know you were out of the cooler dally." He lit the cigarette and passed it to Johnny. "Good behavior got out early." He shrugged. We all started walking to the house. I thought about what I had to say to pony about walking alone.

"Ou need to learn to use your head. You don't think. Someday I'm got gonna be there to-" soda cut me off, "it ain't his flair he likes to go to the movies and it ain't his fault the socs jump us!" Man why did he always stick up for him even when he got into trouble. "When i need you to tell me what to do I'll ask you, kid brother!" I walked away scared I'd do something if I didn't. The state would never let go of this if they found out.

When Johnny started to go home, I yelled at pony to do his homework. He stomped inside, clearly mad about it, " hey you need to get good grades and get the B up to an A." He groaned and thankfully did't roll his eyes. He just nodded. "Thanks pony, sodas doing dinner tonight." Ponyboy smiled. "Hey soda what's for dinner!" I yelled. "Chicken and green beans." He yelled back. "Yum..." I heard pony say after he turned back to his math. "Good that's correct I took a look at his math. His hardest subject he says. Math was hard for me too but I was better then he is at it. He just can't understand some things.

We ate and then went to bed, I heard pony and soda talking when I went to go get water.

"He just has more worries then someone his age has too ya dig?" I heard ponys more quite voice say, "sure." In a almost sarcastic voice.

"Shut up and Let me tell ya something." There was a pause. "I think I'm gonna marry sandy." You could hear the smile in his voice. "Worst till I get out of school so you can keep Darry off my back." My heart ached from that. No I don't pound on him too hard do I. He needs that education and collage. He just doesn't understand.