Breakfest with socs

Darry

It was about eight o clock that night, everyone went home already except for Johnny and Dallas. Baby was in my chair curled up and asleep. Her short curly hair falling in her face. I smiled. She was innocent, it was cute. It reminded me of Ponyboy when he was little, well littler.

I went into my room but not before checking in on soda and pony. They were curled up besides each other, soda had Both arms protectively around pony and pony had his head curled into soda. Just as it should be.

I sighed and changed into a new shirt and pants, and I went to bed with some thoughts on my mind. Why did this all happen and what happened to that kid who got murdered? I'll ask Johnny and pony about it later. Pony looked pale when he got back to the house. I couldn't tell what had changed in Johnny much but I knew they had been through one of the most exciting days of the week.

I woke up to the smell of eggs and  bacon. I got up and went into the kitchen, "pony what's the- oh it you." Baby's head swings around with her lips parted and eyes wide. "I made you breakfast." As I got out the cake. "You didn't have to though." I said though a bite of eggs. "Your letting me stay in your house! Of course I had too." I sighed in defeat and slumped in my Chair, but the looked up at her. "What's your family like?" I started to eat the bacon, I gesture for her to sit and she does but she didn't eat. "Well my mother is into beauty but my dad is Doctor, med school. I'm expected to join the peace crops soon." My head shot up. "You really want to go, oh and pass the pepper." She did, and put her hands in her lap. "Well I was hoping to get out of there not because I didn't like what I did but I just felt to good you know." I shook my head, it had never felt good about where I was but it was home, the second house I ever lived in. Socs and greasers were apart of our lives now. No one dare stop it. "You life in a upper class, or your classified as a soc so boys round here will be all over you. Now I got to get to work. Wake pony and soda up before the bacon is cold. "I was still unsure of my feeling but I did it anyway. "Okay." She breathed out as I pressed a kiss on her temple. "Thanks." I said softly, looking down and walking out the door.

As I walked down the driveway I felt the blood rush through me. And I felt the feeling in my gut and I felt like it could dance to work. I did a fist bump and then got into the car, driving off to work.

I got to the site I noticed the roof hasn't been down yet. Crap, my men were supposed to be working on it. "Roger, hey you Miller!" I yelled, they turned and eyes widened, "why the hell isn't that roof done yet!" They stutter as they talk. Ugh that mean we're behind schedule and I couldn't do anything about it. "Fine. you two get to work and call up Edwards to help you. I need to talk with the boss, get goin!" I made a shooing motion with my hands.