Not leaving today

Darry's POV

    Me and baby waited anxiously the next day. I had to go to the site till 2 and baby's parents were coming around 5 for dinner.

I told this to my boss. And he congratulated me for getting back out there. My boss was real nice to me. He knew my situation and he helped out when a big storm flew by and tore off some of our roof. I declined the offer but he came anyway with five others. Took boxes and all. It was real nice cause Ponyboy loved their story's.

     "Guys we need more nails!" I yelled over to them. "Sure thing darrel." They yelled back and a few minutes later John came up with some nails.

    I raced home holding the wheel tight. I ran up the steps and opened the door. "Hey baby your parents here?" She shook her head no. I sat down in the kitchen chair and groaned. "Your dad doesn't own a shotgun goes he?" She nodded. "He also has a hand held bit he don't believe in using it, it's downstairs in the basement." She touched my shoulders. And started to rub. Her warm fingers were working the knots out. "Rub a little harder?" I asked, she did and soon we were on the couch, I was holding her in front of me while we were watching the show that was on, I wasn't sure what was on, all I Knew was baby's head on my chest and she wasn't moving away.

"Baby?" Her name sounded so nice right now. "Hmm." She answered, she sounded half asleep. "Do you want to leave?" I wanted to tackle things, I wanted her, I knew almost nothing about her but I wanted her. "No I like it here." She told me, she sat up and turned around so we were facing each other. She sat cross legged on the couch. I had my legs on ether side of her. She was about a foot away from me. We were staring at each other for a long time.

It was 4:45 when they showed up, baby was hiding in my room, she must've really not wanted to go, that's a good thing. After we set the table with them baby came in, standing in the doorway.

"Baby! Oh!" The rushed in on her, wrapping their arms around her, she of course hugged back. She looked at me though, something in her eyes, a smile on her face, I think we were both going to miss each other.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter, here's my number please call if you need anything." He gave me his number while pony and sofa cleaned. Baby was back there joking around. "Daddy I can't go!" Baby begged. She sat in my chair, while I was still in it. He father looked mad. "Come on now baby, you like it back home, your sisters waiting." He tried to grab her but she leaned back with force. The chair rocked a little. "No dad." He sighed running a hand through his light brown hair. "Fine but you better not get he pregnant." He stalked out of the room, muttering under his breath.