1.3 • H o l d i n g O n F o r D e a r L i f e

Evie

I took a deep breath to try and build myself up in some way before I walked in because I knew that Logan would not be in work, he would be there waiting for me. It was colder than it had been last night and I was severly missing the warmth of Michael's jacket, but I was smart enough not to wear another boys jacket after being away for the whole night so it was currently in my room in my parents house. I used my keys to open the door and walked in slowly, scared for what was inevitably going to happen.

"Evie." He was there, just where I knew he would be and his face was like stone and he spoke through gritted teeth. "Where the fuck have you been?"

"My parents house." I told him truthfully, standing against the door scared to move any closer.

"Why?" He stood up threateningly.

I looked at the floor, nerves flooding through my body. "Because you were hitting me and I just couldn't deal with it." I closed my eyes as he stormed towards me and hit the wall next to my head.

"Don't blame me because you acted like a slut and got pissed!" He yelled

"You scared me. I didn't know what else you were going to do." I said in a strained and pleading tone. "I didn't tell them anything."

He smiled strangely. "There's nothing to tell them, I'm good to you, I provide for you." I almost scoffed at his words but my fear kept it inside of me.

"I could get a job if you wanted to me." I said quickly hoping to please him and liking the thought of getting out of the house and doing something for myself.

He laughed, actually laughed which made me feel as small as an ant that was about to be stepped on by a giant. "You didn't finish college, who would hire you?" I looked down silently as he looked at his watch. "You're lucky you came home quite early, I'm not too late to go into work. We can talk properly when I get home." I stood out of the way so he could leave and I sighed in relief but I could not just sit and wait until he came home so we could 'talk'. I pulled my phone out and pressed Michaels contact details, I took a breath and moved my fingers across the touch screen keyboard.

Come over

3 Weeks Later

What I had been doing  had been daring and probably stupid but I had kissed him and I really liked him, there had been no going back from that. That's why I had invited him over. There was no way to rewind now, I could not go back or forget about it and I didn't think Michael would either. I always felt like I was about to die with Logan, I never knew what he was going to do to me or how far he was going to go so every time I saw that familiar flash of anger in his eyes I genuinly worried for my life and that's why I was going to hang onto every good moment with Michael for dear life.